Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise is thrilled when Mr. Black returns but realizes quickly she must make her move to save Michar.

"

   As another daylight episode turned the darker sky to a lighter grey streaked with pastel blue and pink Miss Snow decided to go home.

    Armand and the twins had fallen to sleep together on the bed.

    I was worried about Mr. Black firstly and the other Wolf People who had returned to the Human World with him to make sure the last of the human killers were dead.

    “I’m sure Mr. Black and the others are fine.” Miss Snow had said.

    “I’m sure too.” I had replied even though I wasn’t.

    “Mr. Black will be back soon and he’ll reverse the execution punishment on Michar to something not fatal.”

    “I’m sure of that.” I had said. And I sure wanted to believe it too.

    Miss Snow had left and I sat back down on the couch to wait for Mr. Black to return.

    Sunlight exploded upon the landscape warming the temperatures rapidly. Bird song rang out from the forest and from the village.

    These daylight episodes as I thought of them lasted several hours now. But I couldn’t really enjoy it at the moment, not with Mr. Black gone.

    I could hear the normal routine activity around the village drifting through the open windows of the house. I listened for anything unusual that would alert me of the return of Mr. Black and the others from the Human World. It would be nice if he came back with Mr. Stonevalley, Cerise and the others with him.

    And that Mr. Black and Mr. Stonevalley would willingly listen to Michar’s story and be convinced he didn’t deserve to die and give a speech to both Packs and let them vote. In my little dream the Pack Members of both Packs would agree and vote for a lesser punishment.

    Then Miss Snow and Michar could be together, become Mates.

    Mr. Black, hurry back to me, I thought as I leaned my head against the back of the couch.

    I’m coming, my sweet! Mr. Black said to me telepathically.

    I sat bolt upright on the couch. Mr. Black was coming! I squealed in excitement.

    Mr. Black, you’re alive!

   Of course, my sweet plaything! I’ve just crossed through the veil and I’m on my way home to you and our children!

    I rushed to the door as if he were just on the other side of it. I laughed with relief.

    All is well? I sent the question to him.

    All is well. Mr. Stonevalley, Cerise and the rest of his Wolf People are fine. So is everyone who went with me. I will explain all as soon as we get there.

    Okay! I was so excited I was trembling. I’m so relieved!

    I love you Louise. I will be with you shortly.

    I felt tears in my eyes. Tears of happiness. Mr. Black was fine and so was everyone else.

    Everything was almost perfect. Now, if I could change their minds about Michar.

    Then after what seemed like an eternity but was really no time at all I heard Mr. Black outside the house.

    I was at the door and flung it open in a second. The sun shone brightly down on him, creating highlights in his dark hair. His dark clothes seemed to glimmer in the sunshine. His paleness was untouched by the sun and he sure looked handsome and desirable to me!

    “Mr. Black!”

    “Louise!” He started toward me.

    Everyone who had gone into the Human World with him was there and so were Mr. Stonevalley, Cerise and their Wolf People.

    The excited talking that had been going on ceased and all eyes were on us. But at that moment I didn’t care!

    I leaped off the porch and flung myself into his arms.

    And he was there and caught me up into his embrace.

    I was laughing and crying at the same time.

    “You were gone so long!” I cried.

    “It only seemed that way, my sweet sweet love.” He kissed me and I never wanted him to stop.

    Wolf People were filling up the area around our house as the news spread of their Pack Leader’s return as well as Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People.

    “I’m glad you’re safe.” I said as soon as he removed his mouth from mine. “As well as Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People.”

    “Everyone is safe and the two humans they went after are dead.” Mr. Black told me. “Now that we’re all back we need to finish up this affair.”

    Oh no! I thought. That meant killing Michar.

    And it was that moment I saw Miss Snow and Pine a few feet away watching Mr. Black and me.

    Fear and hope burned in Miss Snow’s black eyes.

    Mr. Stalker was right behind Mr. Black waiting for him.

    I noticed then everyone standing around waiting.

    I stepped back slightly from Mr. Black so I could look him in the face. “What happened in the Human World? Aren’t you going to fill everyone in or at least me? I want to know what happened.”

    Mr. Black smiled. “I will fill you in my sweet after we complete this affair. Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People need to finish things up here so they can return to their village with the good news everything has been taken care of.”

    I glanced at Mr. Stonevalley and at Cerise who was clinging to her Mate’s arm.

    Mr. Stonevalley was talking to several other male Wolf People, a couple from my Pack but Cerise was watching me.

    She smiled brightly at me and waved.

    I felt such relief she was still alive and okay. I smiled and waved back. But right now I had to stop Michar’s death. I had to make Mr. Black listen to me. NOW!

    “I need to talk to you. Before you finish this affair. It’s urgent!”

    “Why can’t it wait?” I could see Mr. Black was eager to finish things.

    “It’s about Michar.” I said.

    “Michar? Who is this Michar?”

    Oh no! I realized I just made a blunder! I shouldn’t have referred to the traitor by name! But Mr. Black had to know sooner than later I’d talked to him. So I just blurted it all out!

       




© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is all kind of intense, wondering how Louise is going to manage to save Michar.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Can Louise make a difference where the traitor is concerned? Interesting book, very much so.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Black finally returns and everyone is safe. Wonder what went on in the human world. Most of all I wonder if Louise can stop the death punishment. On to the next chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful chapter here, I liked this chapter. I thought everything held together well. Very well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

535 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2009
Last Updated on December 29, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 26 Chapter 26

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline