Chapter 31

Chapter 31

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise just wishes her life would become peaceful.

"

    At my statement Mr. Black just chuckled. “You're never boring, my sweet. Never have been and I think never will be.”

     “Oh, that's good.” I said, fighting to keep sarcasm from my voice. I doubted I did a good job of that.

     I heard Armand stirring in his bed. Mr. Black looked at me. “Our Wolf Children are waking. We need to tend to their needs.”

      I stood up. It was obvious all was over in regards to Michar. I felt bitterness well up inside me.

      I pushed it back down. No matter what I didn't want to feel that awful emotion. It would just eat me up and I didn't want that.

      This was my home and I would live here and not resent it. I tried my best to help Michar and Miss Snow and I would feel good about that.

      I wasn't going to let bitterness and disappointment destroy what I had with Mr. Black. I wasn't going to harm my Wolf Children by harboring negative feelings for their father.

      I had to move on no matter the negative emotions I was experiencing because of this situation.

      “Yes. We need to tend to our Wolf Children's needs.” I started toward Armand's room.

      He was out of his bed and moving about his room.

      “I'll get their meals ready.” Mr. Black rose from the couch and headed in the direction of the kitchen.

      I sighed. I felt suddenly so very very tired.

      I just wanted to sleep and sleep for a long time. This whole situation had been exhausting.

     I opened the door to Armand's room and found him just on the other side, reaching to open the door himself.

     “Hey!” I greeted him. “My little Wolf Boy is awake and up.”

     “Hi Mama.” He threw himself at me.

      I caught him in my arms.

     Mr. Black came to the kitchen door. “Hey Armand.”

     “Hi Daddy. I'm hungry.”

     “The meal is almost ready. Why don't you come and help, hmm?”

     “Okay.” Armand wiggled in my arms and I put him down. He rushed past Mr. Black and into the kitchen.

     Mr. Black looked at me and chuckled. “He's eager.”

     I smiled. “Yeah. He is. He wants to be like his Wolf Father.”

     “And that's a good thing.” Mr. Black replied and turned and went back into the kitchen to resume preparing all our meals with his little helper.

     A good thing to some extent, I thought as I went to get Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter up.


     After finally getting a much needed rest I woke thinking of Michar and Miss Snow. Mr. Black was out in the living room with Armand, Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter entertaining them. I lay in bed listening to them for a while wishing once again life was peaceful and we were a happy loving family.

     Well, I believed we were a loving family and most times a happy family. But life being peaceful wasn't happening, at least not yet.

     And thinking of Michar and Miss Snow told me it would be a while before that happened.

     I sat up in bed and crossed my legs. What was it going to be like when I met up with Miss Snow again?

     Would she blame me for the failure of rescuing Michar? Would she hate me? Was our friendship over?

     And would Pine have negative feelings toward me as well?

     I didn't want to have to be worried about that. I didn't want to dwell on anything about Michar.

    I felt bad enough on my own for my failure to rescue him. Failure for not even getting the opportunity to try in rescuing him.

    I got up. Time to face life and see what was going to happen.

    After a quick shower I dressed and joined my family in the living room.

    They were having a wonderfully good time. Mr. Black sure knew how to get down to a Wolf Child's level and create a really happy fun filled time with them.

    Hearing our Wolf Children's genuine laughter as they played their favorite game with their Wolf Father brought a happy smile to my face. They were on the floor wrestling and pretending they were wild creatures attacking each other.

     I sat down beside them to see how I could join in the fun.

     I was soon laughing and really enjoying myself too.

     Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter were starting to talk and walk and they were the loudest in these games, laughing, giggling and shrieking away.

      In the midst of a good-natured wrestling match with Armand Mr. Black suddenly paused, tilted his head, listening.

     I heard it too.

     Several Wolf People were heading toward our house.

     “What?” I asked, wondering, sensing something was up.

     Not wanting the wrestling match to end Armand threw himself at his Wolf Father with a cry between a laugh and a shriek.

     Mr. Black caught him. “Enough Armand, Daddy and Mama have visitors.”

     Armand frowned. “No. I want to play.”

     Mr. Hunter tugged on Armand's black shirt. “Come on Armand, play with us.”

     With a last, lingering look at Mr. Black Armand turned and tackled his Wolf Brother. With a wild attack cry Miss Starfire flung herself onto Armand.

      Quickly they were tangled as they fought good-naturedly for top place, the dominate position.

      “Who's coming Mr. Black?” I had the feeling he knew company was coming, that this visit was planned.

     “Come now, my sweet.” Mr. Black grinned. “Are you feeling suspicious?”

     “I am.” I folded my arms and glared at him.

      Armand moved Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter into his room and the game took on a less physical form as he got out his shapes for them all to play with.

     I could have opened my senses to see who was outside the house and heading for the porch but I just didn't want to.

     “I'll get the door.” said Mr. Black.

     I sat down on the couch and waited.




© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

If only life were peaceful, then perhaps it wouldn't be so much a challenge and fun. But I hope life calms down for Louise and her family.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like Armand too. I can't stop reading. Must know what happens!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Armand always steals the scene. He's such a likeable character. It's nice to see that Mr. Black hasn't completely gone back to being a jerk. He loves his family that's obvious. I love the cliffhanger. On to the next chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

At least he's a wonderful father to his children. That's always a good quality. Louise too seems to be good mother...
Looking forward to seeing who just might be at their door... Suspenseful, lol.
Amazing as always.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

527 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 3, 2010
Last Updated on February 3, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 11 Chapter 11

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 19 Chapter 19

A Chapter by Tina Kline