Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise receives a totally shocking and unexpected surprise.

"

    Miss Snow, Pine and I slowly walked through the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest. It was dark, warm and a slight breeze blew gently, rustling the trees.

    In the distance a group of coyotes sang and nearby above us an owl called out repeatedly. It would pause several moments then call out again. It kept this up as if during the pauses it was waiting and hoping for a response.

    “Have you heard anything from Michar yet?” Pine asked Miss Snow.

    It had been a while since the incident where Michar had been dealt his Lesser Punishment. Plenty of time for him to have come back for Miss Snow.

    “No.” Her voice sounded a little sad and disappointed.

    “Not even seen him?” I asked.

    She let out a breath. “Haven’t heard nor seen him. Besides, you two know I’d tell you if I had.”

    That was true, we did know that but just in case she didn’t feel she could tell us for some reason we felt we still needed to ask.

    “He should be healed by now.” Pine said.

    “And Mr. Black didn’t come out and say that he couldn’t join our Pack.” I added.

    “Really?” Miss Snow paused and looked at me hopefully.

    “Really. I asked him.” I said, smiling slightly at seeing her black eyes sparkle.

    “That would be nice if he joined our Pack.” Pine said.

    “It would be.” Miss Snow’s voice was all dreamy like.

    I was certain she really had fallen for Michar in that short period of time they had known each other.

    They were meant to be Mates.

    We continued our slow stroll through the forest.

    I smelled the thick sweet scent of a deer close by. My eyes automatically started scanning the forest for it. My nose told me which direction to look.

    I spotted the deer bounding away in the underbrush. The sound of it fleeing through the shrubbery was loud.

    I smiled. My instinct was to give chase. I felt that same tension radiating off Miss Snow and Pine.

    But we didn’t give chase. We just stood there watching the deer fleeing.

    “We need to have another Big Hunt.” Pine said.

    “That would be fun.” I agreed.

    “I wish Michar would show up.” Miss Snow said.

    We all sighed then with longing and hope that he would.

    “I’m sure he will Miss Snow. I could tell he was interested in you.” I told her.

    “You think so? That he’ll show up?”

    “I know so.” I told Miss Snow. “He was obviously attracted to you too.”

    She smiled then. Her canine’s glimmered in the shadowy moon dappled forest. “I wish he’d just appear out of the bushes right now before me.”

    A nice fantasy, I thought. Too bad it hasn’t become reality.

    We all sensed a Wolf Person nearby us simultaneously.

    We all stiffened, growls blossoming deep in our chests. It was not a Pack Member we sensed.

    And this Wolf Person was approaching us, not trying very hard to conceal their presence.

    Michar? I wondered. But only briefly. It didn’t take long to realize the one approaching was female.

    We all looked at each other then.

    “This might be trouble.” Pine said softly.

    “I agree.” I said.

    The Wolf Person approaching us was in their Wolf Form. And it was obvious she was approaching us. There was no way she could have missed us. She should have turned and gone off in another direction so as to avoid unwanted conflict. And she didn’t.

    I growled. I didn’t like this at all. “We need to shape shift.”

    “Right.” Said Pine.

    “We do need to.” Agreed Miss Snow.

    And we shape shifted into our Wolf Forms and stood there waiting for the Wolf coming toward us.

    Pine was a lovely grizzly in color, Miss Snow was a silvery white in color and I was of an ash hue.

    The coyotes were still singing off in the distance. We had moved away from that solitary lonely calling owl but we could still hear it in the distance.

    A porcupine was eating bark off a tree above us creating a soft chewing sound. The breeze continued to rustle through the trees and the Wolf was almost upon us.

    We stood shoulder to shoulder, our heads lowered, our bushy tails raised, our hackles on end, our lips pulled back in silent snarls exposing our sharp white canines and we waited.

    A coal black wolf emerged from the underbrush to stand before us. She was not at all startled to see us. There was an expectant look on her Wolf Face.

    But I was startled, quite startled and shocked.

    Miss Rose!

    How dare she show up before me like this!

    That’s Miss Rose! I sent my shocked statement telepathically to Miss Snow and Pine.

    It is! Was Pine’s response.

    How dare her! Exclaimed Miss Snow.

    What could she possibly want? I said.

    Miss Rose in her Wolf Form sat on her haunches and wagged her bushy tail, sending up little puffs of dirt as it hit the earth.

    She looked so friendly!

    She parted her Wolf muzzle as if smiling. Perhaps she was.

    Let’s get out of here. I don’t want to deal with her at all! I told Miss Snow and Pine.

    I turned to lope away with Miss Snow and Pine at my side.

    Miss Rose stood up and shape shifted into her human form.

    I paused to stare at her. There she was just like I remembered her. Tall, dark with short black hair and black eyes. She was smiling too.

    “Louise.” She called out.

    I turned to face her completely. Then I shape shifted back to my human form.

    Miss Snow and Pine did the same.

    “It’s your death that you’re here Miss Rose.” I said to her.

    She smiled at me. “It’s good to see you too Louise. And you Miss Snow and Pine as well.”

    “You shouldn’t at all be close to our Village like this.” Miss Snow said to her.

    “I came to give you a message Miss Snow.” Miss Rose said looking at her.

    “A message, for me? What message could you have that I could possibly want?” Miss Snow asked her.

    “It’s a message you want, Miss Snow.” Miss Rose said to her. “It’s a message from Michar.”

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Miss Rose is back and with a message?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Wonder what that is all about. What message could Miss Rose have? Interesting turn of events, I must say.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Creepy lady's back... I wasn't expecting that.
I wonder what this message from the traitor might be. I guess I'll find out in the next installment of your fascinating story.
-Evan

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I was wondering and waiting to see if Miss Rose would ever appear again. What a surprise. She has been in contact with Michar. Did he go off to another pack? Hmm. I want to know what the message is. Left in suspense and I love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Suspense and action i like this alot. Very well written with such amazing detail and vivid imagery. Enjoyed this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

531 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 12, 2010
Last Updated on January 12, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 16 Chapter 16

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 23 Chapter 23

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 18 Chapter 18

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 8 Chapter 8

A Chapter by Tina Kline