Fifty-Seven- Marina

Fifty-Seven- Marina

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter 57


Marina


“I'm sorry, Marina, but we're going to have to put you in foster care.”

“What? No! I'm seventeen, isn't that old enough? Can't you let me live on my own a few months earlier than I should?” I cry. The officer and I argue, and as we do, Wren's parents open the door to visit him.

“Please! Don't make me live with two people I don't know for seven months, just so I can move out! My parents died last night, I don't want replacements! Please, I'm not going to turn into a delinquent without a guardian, don't make me, please!” I sob, tears run down my face, but, hey, at least I managed to say “died”.

I can see Wren's mom looking at me worriedly, with kind brown eyes.

“Don't take me away, let me see the ocean. My name's sake. Marina means “of the sea”, at least let me experience the ocean. Let me live the ocean.” I whisper. Wren's mom looks at me with pity and something else, astonishment, knowing?

“We'll adopt her! We'll take her. We don't even have to adopt you, just let you live with us as long as you need.”


It would have been so much easier to have just gone into foster care. Actually, it would have been easier to run into that tree.

I told him not to watch out for me. I told him not to! Now they're down a member and Malum is up one, you can't have Life without Water, Wren's going to be a wreck. He won't be able to focus, almost like you are when you're over dehydrated, except from grief, not thirst.

My body is taken over by the potion, it's almost like a truth serum, sort of, except instead of telling the truth, I can't disobey orders. I need to get out of this! I'm imprisoned in my own flesh, in my own blood.

But how? I know something happened when the mentioned my parents- my pinky twitches- but not enough to get me out of this, to get me out in time.

We're marching. Marching to town, to capture more people, to make them into things, except we're headed for our town, and they don't plan to capture a few people.

They're, I'm, going to kill all the other's parents.

I feel like Wren's will escape, mostly because he's already had his tragedy, I knew it would be me when I fell into the pit of fire, but I had to. I had to.

How do I get out of this? If only I could slap myself! That wouldn't work, I've already been slapped by a few Sine, just because they could. They enjoy having one of the Vires in their grasp, which is what we're called, apparently, they love that I'm turned and I can't do anything about it.

Punch him. A voice says. What? My fist connects with a Sine's eye. Now run. My legs carry me out of the line of marchers, but none try to follow me, none have seen because I was in the back.

Get to town before them. I turn to water vapor and I'm in town in minutes, specifically, in Wren's room, where Wren sits on his bed, reading.

Appear and tell him you're still under the spell and not to touch you.

“Wren. I am still under the spell and don't touch me.” I say as I form in front of him.

“Marina?” He gasps. Then two figures appear in front of me. My heart stops and I fall to the ground. My head hurts, it hurts so bad. I want to scream, but I don't.

Marina, we love you. My parents say. The pain stops and I blink. I'm me again.

“Wren.” I say. There is an obvious difference in my voice. He takes me in his arms and holds me tight.

“It's all my fault. If I'd just listened to you.” He says, stroking my hair as I cry into his shoulder.

“They brought me back, Wren, they brought me back.” I say. “My parents, but it wasn't because they talked to me. I saw what they looked like when they died, they didn't even look human.” I'm wailing now, squeezing Wren as tight as I can. I kiss him, tears still running down my face.

“Shh, stop crying, it'll be okay.” Wren says soothingly, I immediately do.

“Oh crap. I think I'm still under it, tell me to do something.” I say. I'm conscious though.

“Hold your tongue.” He says, quoting Ella Enchanted. Immediately my hand flies up and grabs onto my tongue.

“Weawy? Ewwa Enchanted?” I say.

“What? It's a good movie.” He says, “Oh, you can take your hand off if you want.”

“This is bad. This is really bad. Tell me something else, see if I can resist.”

“Um... kiss me.” I lean over and kiss him.

“Try something I want to resist.” I say after.

“Okay, slap yourself across the face.” He says. I focus on keeping my arm down, but eventually it just does it on it's own, and now my cheek is red.

Marina, he is your cure. They say again, but don't appear.

“My parents just told me you're my cure.” I say.

“What? Where are they?” He asks, looking around.

“They aren't here, just their voices.”

“But what do they mean?” He asks.

“I don't know, but you're going t get me out of this completely, somehow. Satelles and some Fire Children and Sine are on their way here, but they're far away, we need to figure it out.” I say.

“I think I know what I means...” He says, leaning over and kissing me gently.

“Wait, but I have to let you go, remember?”

“Look where that got us.” He whispers.

I sigh, glad to be able to be back with him. I guess I was wrong. “But did you 'learn to fly'?” I ask.

“I told off my parents for keeping this from me. They knew everything, they won't talk to me now, they think I'm tainted or something. Inhuman. They're the tight knots, not you, Marina.” He says, tucking my hair behind my ears and kissing me again.

“So what did you have in mind to cure me?” I ask. He doesn't answer, only kisses me again, leaning me back gently onto the bed.


“I love you.” He says, tracing patterns on my bare back.

“I love you too.” I reply.

“Mmm.” He sighs.

“You know we have to get up right, evil people are coming to kill the town.”

“Yeah...” I sit up and put on my clothes, then laugh at my hair.

“Get my pants for me?” Wren asks.

“No, get them yourself!” I say, but then realize I've already picked them up and handed them to him. We look at my hands in astonishment, and I realize I want to cry, but I can't, because Wren told me not to earlier.

“Wren, tell me it's okay to cry now.” I choke. He does and tears flow out of the ducts, not commanded back anymore.

I'm still a weapon.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for ya son, I got 99 problems, and a b***h ain't one. lol Sorry, but I really love this song. I'm glad Wren and Marina got back together, and I agree with Wren. Ella Enchanted is a good movie. Bry should tell Ash about Air, so then everyone can be united and fight the power. lol sorry im trippy right now. Continue ---->

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for ya son, I got 99 problems, and a b***h ain't one. lol Sorry, but I really love this song. I'm glad Wren and Marina got back together, and I agree with Wren. Ella Enchanted is a good movie. Bry should tell Ash about Air, so then everyone can be united and fight the power. lol sorry im trippy right now. Continue ---->

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

443 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 23, 2012
Last Updated on July 23, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie