Forty-Eight- Jasper

Forty-Eight- Jasper

A Chapter by Sophie
"

DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

"

Chapter 48


Jasper


Falling is not my thing. Really, I'm not a fan. I suppose if I was Wren, Nox, Ray, Airborne, Marina, or Ash, I'd be fine with it, you know, just start flying, easy peasy. But see, here's the problem: I can't do that. So instead of being calm and flying my way out of here, I scream like a little girl the whole way down.

I fall for the longest time. Well, when I landed I screamed a bit louder, because I didn't expect what I would land on.

A giant hand. The hand was the size of a trampoline (but far less fun) and the finger nails were the size of my head, chipped and cracked and coated with dirt. The skin was scraped and calloused, the lines where the hand folds were actually spaces you could put something in. The finger prints were tangible.

I really can't believe I just went from kissing the most beautiful girl, to looking up at the ugliest thing I have ever seen. It looks... remotely human, and I suppose it once was. But its face looks bloated, it's eyes too small for its body, actually all the facial features are, like they are the only things that didn't grow. It's really creepy.

“H-Hi.” I say, terrified.

“Hello.” The giant's breath reeks, probably because of it's black teeth.

“Um, can you put me back on Earth's surface? I'm trying to defeat Malum...” I say. The giant's face breaks into a grin. I realize there are more of the monsters, they break into identicle grins and cheers.

“You kill Malum! Please! We hate Daddy.” The giant says, a crack appearing hundreds of feet above us. The giant climbs the walls and places me in the middle back on the ground, instead of in it.

Well that was easy.

I'm not in the meadow, though. I'm in a forest, and it's night. How long was I falling? I'm incredibly tired, I sway on my feet. Terror really takes a lot out of you. I slump against a tree, and I dream a memory.

Missy and I are walking around outside during school. It's lunch and neither of us were hungry. We're talking, and she's swearing endlessly, when a girl trips nearby, she's short and has black hair. Her friend helps her up and Missy taunts her from where we stand.

“Missy, stop.” I say quietly, seeing the girl's face get hot with tears. Her friend steers her away, and Missy makes fun of her too. The friend looks up, and we lock eyes. I have never seen eyes the color of leaves in the summer, but they're mesmerizing, they stand out in the bare branches of late fall. I can't look away, but she does. Missy is still bitching at them.

“Missy! Stop!” I say loudly. Her mouth clamps shut and she looks shocked. The ground shakes slightly.

“Was that a little earthquake?” She asks.

“That's really weird, I guess so.” I go to look for those eyes, but they're already gone.


I wake up, it's still night, and Missy stands above me, smiling.

“Be with her.” I hear, and then she wafts away like smoke up into the night sky. I dream of Briar-Rose's eyes the rest of the night, as if Missy's blessing let me.


When I wake up in the morning, I set off immediately, something tells me what direction walk in, what paths not to take. I walk for hours through the forest, and finally, I see a break in the trees ahead. The meadow stands in front of me, covered in flowers where I buried the bodies. I walk down the field, wondering who still remains, if anyone.

When I come into view of the camp, I see two figures, one laying at the others feet, they both look exactly the same, and the one standing holds a paper thin sword.

The lying down figure's head stops rolling a foot away from it.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!
>:D now you have to wait for me to write the next chapter MWAHAHAHAHA...
Hm... maybe we should have another eight chapter intermission....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I swear to god, you do an eight chapter intermission ill do a three chapter intermission before you find out Adam is dead >:D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sophie

11 Years Ago

I wasn't going to :P
Amanda

11 Years Ago

Good!
Ooh! really good! I love the ending. Makes me really want to read more! and PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE! not another eight chapters! I will kill you if you do that! I have no patience, at all! keep writing without eight chapter intermission! :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abbie

11 Years Ago

good, cuz I know where you live! muahahahaha! :P just kidding, I couldn't kill you, just viciously m.. read more
Sophie

11 Years Ago

:D
Abbie

11 Years Ago

O.o :P
Hah, that was easy for Jasper. xD
Oh jeez, twins!? I'm thinking something awful here.
Torture me, really. Put that chapter intermission there!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

385 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 2, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie