Twenty-seven-extra chapter

Twenty-seven-extra chapter

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter 27


extra chapter


The minister says his long, boring lines. My cousin glows in her beautiful gown as she gazes at her fiancee, Finn.

Then the screaming starts. I turn around in my seat. A headless body stands, then crumple to the ground, blood spilling out of the opened throat. A girl stands behind it, her dirty blonde/ strawberry blond hair and pale skin spattered with ruby red droplets of blood. A paper thin sword is held in her grasp, her spring green eyes calculate the astonished faces. Then all hell breaks loose, she swings the sword and three more heads go rolling, and everyone screams all at once, trying to run. I run away from her, but trip over a fallen head. Someone trips behind me she cuts of her head, her sword goes straight through her to me, when I crawl away my right leg is left behind. I leave a trail of blood and collapse in the midst of a pile of bodies, hoping she won't see me. Screams subside, and cease, it's all over. She sticks her sword in the ground and takes a deep breath through her nose, then smiles. It seems like hours pass, and my vision fades in and out, I hear footsteps.

“Help.” I manage to choke out, it has to be someone, it's been hours, right? My vision fades in, and I see it's not. I'm going to die. She lifts her foot and the thin stiletto heel jabs exactly as the hollow in my throat, just above my collar bone. She puts her weight on it. I choke, the pain is unbearable, my throat fights to open. I make short gasping sounds in my mouth, but no air floods my lungs, they ache for the relief of oxygen, but none comes. Blood bubbles in the back of my mouth, and my vision fade to blackness, then goes feeling, I can no longer taste coppery blood, I hear her chuckle, then nothing.

Then, I feel a pulling sensation. My chest lifts up and the rest of my body follows, I open my eyes. I am standing upright, only to see her gouging out my eyes. What? Then I'm being pulled again, I get closer and closer to her. And I'm inside her, in some black place, screams echo, pleas, cries... I join them, mentally banging against the walls of where ever I am, but soon I cannot do anything, only grow and take the shape of her, one layer among the hundreds of souls trapped in here. Where is hers though? I don't think she has one. I can no longer scream, just float in this black place, then I feel her brain send the lightning fast message to her eyes, open. And light erupts around me.

I suppose this is what it's like to be born, to take in your first sights in your body, except I remember what it was like to see things in my own body, to experience them. I'm her soul now, or part of it, until I fade. I don't really know how I know this, I guess it just comes with being a soul in the wrong body. We look around at the bodies littered on the ground, she passes by my cousin in her once beautiful dress now spattered with blood, her head a few feet away from her. I hear a sob, kind of like a whisper in the back of my mind, she's seen herself.

Our body moves forward gracefully, I watch her change the population number and then continue on. I watch her murder two more people, and their souls join me, layering over me, clouding my view out of her eyes a little bit. She settle down on their couch and turns on their TV.

This is what my short, fourteen year long life boiled down to, living in the shell of some evil creature that once was.

That's sad, not for me, but for this girl, being “once was” can't be any kind of life.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
These are all really short, sorry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how you were so descriptive of the brides death, and the her soul inside Ariel's body.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love it!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


hey..this is good :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

428 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..