Sixty-Eight-Briar-Rose

Sixty-Eight-Briar-Rose

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter 68


Briar-Rose


“Hey, so what are you doing today?” Jasper asks over the phone.

“Nothing, you?” I answer.

“Well, I was hoping maybe you wanted to come over and hang out.”

“Sure, I'll be over in a few minutes.” I smile.

“See you then, bye.”

“Bye.” I hang up and go over to my closet to get dressed. I just took a shower after Air's sleepover and when I got into my room my phone was ringing. I pick floral printed grey shorts and a light pink cami because it's sweltering out side, and I can't remember if Jasper's house has air conditioning or not. As I call up some vines to get out of my window (doors are for losers) I text Air.

Breeze please.

No problemo. Soon coolish air wraps around the trees and my as I head over to Jasper's house. I ring the doorbell once I reach his house and it opens after a minute. He's wearing sweatpants and... well, that's it. It's really hard to stay looking at his face instead of everything that's not his face, and... muscular. He leans against the door frame.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” I smile. His eyes, Bry. His eyes. Not his abs. Eyes.

“Wanna come in?” He asks, noticing that I'm having trouble.

“Sure.” I say, and we sit down on his couch, where he has the TV on.

“Do you want me to put on a shirt?” He asks, still noticing my wandering eyes. Before I can think what I'm saying through, “No!” bursts from my lips. I stare at him in pure horror, “Well... that just happened.” I say, shocked at my mouth. He starts laughing, guffawing, actually. I laugh feebly, trying to cover up my mortification. We talk and watch TV for a while.

“Hey, do you mind if I kiss you?” He asks as the credits roll for the beginning of a show with the cheery opening tune playing.

“No, not at all.” I grin, looking up at him. He cups my face in his hands and leans closer to me, and our mouths meet. I wrap my arms around his neck and we continue kissing. Then something happens. I'm on my back and the kiss is more... make out-ey.

“Nox is at Ray's.” Jasper informs me between kisses, deepening it further. I'm not objecting, and it becomes more heated, my hands disobeying my brain and roaming his body, tracing the planes of his chest. I will never again call football stupid if it does this to boys. His fingers unbutton my jean shorts, and yet again I don't protest, it's when he starts pulling them off that I break away and clasp my hands over my mouth to stop a sob.

“Bry? Bry?! Are you okay? You could have told me to stop.” He says.

“It's- it's not that.” I manage shakily. My whole body is quivering, and every so often a sob without tears or sound racks it. He wraps his arms around me but that just makes the panic rise in my throat more, and I have to clamp down on a scream. Trapped. I'm trapped. Let me out, let me OUT!

“Jaz, let go.” I say, the shaking getting worse.

“Babe, what's wrong?” He asks, looking beyond concerned. Suddenly the whole truth I've been trying to keep from anyone, not even Air knows, just bursts it's way out of my lips in the form of a sob, no words yet, bringing a flood of tears with it.

Jasper tries to hug me again, and I can't stop it this time, I scream, not wordless though, “Please! Stop! Don't do this anymore!” Words that my mouth had become so used to yelling almost everyday, sometimes more than once. He sits back, looking horrified. I bite my fist and I'm shaking so much my teeth scrape a bit of skin because I can't keep my head or hand still. Tears roll down my cheeks relentlessly.

“Please.” I whimper, my body still in past-mode. Jasper reaches out to take my hand and I shriek in terror this time and scramble away, melting down the farthest wall and cowering, the memories too much, the terror filling up my heart.

“Bry, please talk to me, what wrong. Why are you afraid of me.” I want to tell him that I'm not afraid of him, but my body won't let me, I'm too frightened of someone who's not actually here. Finally after five minutes of his silence and my sobbing, I finally take a shuddering breath, “In those two years at Malum's, I-” I wipe some tears as I wait for a sob to pass, “I was raped everyday, sometimes more than once, by Satelles.” I can't look at Jasper, I can't see his face of revulsion. I'm tainted, I'm not his, I was taken too many times to count. “Ever since then, I've had endless nightmares, every night, all repeating the worst moments of my time there. They stopped when we were in California, after I- I- killed Ariel. But this is the emotional scar it's left on me.” I say, managing to not sob through all those words.

I must look like a mess. My tank top and bra askew and sitting in my granny underwear sobbing into my hands in the corner with my incredibly hot boyfriend sitting a foot away from me. He doesn't say anything for a minute.

“That- that- b*****d.” He spits. “That fucked up little b*****d. Bry, I promise you, the next chance I get, I will kill him once and for all. I'll kill him. I'll kill him!” He shouts. I look up. He's so... angry. But... not at me.

“Jaz, you can hug me now.” I say, though I'm still shaking like we're in an earthquake. He kneels down beside me, he had gotten up to rage, and wraps his arms around me. I bury my face in the crook of his neck and cry silent tears as he holds me to him.

“I'm sorry, I should've asked...” He says once I calm down a bit.

“It's okay, I wasn't objecting, but it was just the memories were... too much.”

“If anything is ever too much, tell me. I don't want you to feel like that... I- I love you.” His voice drops to whisper and his lips tickle my forehead.

“I love you too.” I say after a moments hesitation, warmth flooding my body at the truth in those words.


We're just cuddling (fully clothed now) on his bed, both of us just reading. There's a knock on his door. I go to spring away, but he just tightens his arm around me and says, “Come in.” Nox opens the door.

“Hey bro.” Jasper nods at him.

“Hey.” Nox waggles his eyebrows, and Jasper glares at him, not even in the joking way, and Nox backs off. “So what have you guys been doing?” He asks, sitting down in a chair.

“Just... hanging out.” I answer. I'm fluent in the language of 'lies'.

“Fun. Well, I'm gonna go eat food.” Nox says, and leaves the room.

“I should probably head home.” I say, turning to face Jasper, his comforter rustling.

“But I don't want you to.” He says, pulling me closer.

“Me either, but my mom hasn't been doing well and I promised her I'd make dinner and watch a movie with her.”

“Well, that's a good reason I guess.” He sighs. I get up after giving him a quick kiss and then head home.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

lol Kay Im gunna be honest Besides chapter 1 this is the only chapter I've read :S Though it sounds like a good book so when I have time I will read all the chapters, I'm just being lazy xD anyways Those two are majorly cute together >.< I loved the chapter and your writing style is amazing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much!



Reviews

lol Kay Im gunna be honest Besides chapter 1 this is the only chapter I've read :S Though it sounds like a good book so when I have time I will read all the chapters, I'm just being lazy xD anyways Those two are majorly cute together >.< I loved the chapter and your writing style is amazing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much!
I haven't read anything of this story previous, but even picking up from somewhere unknown, I like it! =D
Nice write
Koodoos

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

Thanks! though this chapter doesn't tell much lol
I'm glad that you weren't withholding another relationship because of 'secrets' :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sophie

11 Years Ago

no problem :P
Amanda

11 Years Ago

Did Air ever tell Ash the real reason? I can't remember lol
Sophie

11 Years Ago

I have no idea, honestly.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 23, 2012
Last Updated on October 23, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie