Twenty-Four- Airborne

Twenty-Four- Airborne

A Chapter by Sophie
"

CLIFF HANGER!

"

Chapter 24


Airborne


“This is so cool!” I gush to Ash, “We've finally found them!” I stop talking as Bry steps forward to explain to Wren and Marina. “So, finally, we've found the last two to complete the Eight! Plants, Air, Fire, Darkness, Light, Earth, and finally, Life and Water.”

“What are all of you?” Marina asks.

“Air, which is explained by my name, Airborne.” I say.

“Light!” Ray pipes up.

“Earth.” Jasper nods to them.

“Fire, I survived the explosion in the basement of the school.” Ash says.

“Plants.” Bry says.

“And Darkness and the night.” Nox mumbles.

“So I have water, and Wren has Life?”

“Yup.” I reply.

“So, today we're gonna focus on your powers, as we've all trained, the beach is empty today, or at leas the section near here, so come on, it's only a little walk. I talk with Bry and Ash at the front of the group, Jasper and Ray behind us, Nox alone, and Wren and Marina holding hands in the back, scared expressions on their faces. We reach the beach, this section is deserted, it's behind a cliff of rocks, jutting out into the sea, and no one could sea us, and we can't see them.

“Okay, Wren, care to demonstrate? Have you tried controlling it at all?” Nox asks. Wren nods. We all step back as he closes his eyes. I hear a horrible cracking sound and his legs are suddenly and odd shape. The rest happens too quickly for me to see it. But in Wren's place is a... wren. She smallest, boring-est bird I have ever seen. But then he opens his wings and takes off, a song of joy leaping from his mouth. Ash and I take off, below Marina stands with her mouth agape, staring at the little bird above me. He swoops down and lands behind a tall rock.

“One thing I discovered,” He says in his human voice, “Is that after changing back, you're naked.”

“Got ya covered.” Nox says, putting his wrists together. A shirt, underwear, shorts, and flip flops shoot out next to the rock, perfectly folded. An arm reaches out and takes them, then Wren emerges, fully clothed.

Marina turns her shocked expression to Nox now.

“Your turn, Marina.” I say, landing next to her. She squeals in surprise.

“O-okay.” She starts taking off her clothes, revealing a bikini. “One pieced bathing suits disappear, but bikinis don't.” She explains. She steps into the water, then closes her eyes, breathing in rhythm of the waves. She winces and four slits appear on either side of her neck, then her legs turn a dark magenta color and fuse together. She collapses into the water, and swims farther out, diving under, then leaping up ten feet into the air, laughing while doing a flip and plunging back head first into the sea. Now it's our turn to have our jaws on the ground. She swims back, pulls herself on the the sand, the closes her eyes, the pulsing in the fin of her tail slowing, then disappearing altogether as she changes back to human.

“Wow.” Bry breathes.

“Thanks,” Marina smiles, “I also discovered I can control water,” She turns back around to the sea and raises one hand. A trail of water follows it, her hands relaxed. Then she holds the straight out, stretching out her fingers, the water freezes. Then she closes her fist, not tightly, and the water melts and falls back into the ocean.

“Okay, Nox, could you give everyone the bathing suits I bought?” Bry asks.

“I forgot to ask, and this morning I was at Wal-Mart, and I just bought them, change behind the rock.” She says, pointing to the boulder Wren landed behind. “Two of you can go at a time, right? Two boys and two girls? We just don't have enough time.” She says while Nox releases six bathing suits, still on the hanger, five and one for him. Bry is already removing her shirt and skirt, she already has a bathing suit on.

“I guess.” I mumble. I go behind the rock and Ray does too, “Don't look.” I laugh.

“Same for you.” She says, we turn away and change.

“All yours.” Ray smiles at Jasper, obviously flaunting her perfectly tan stomach in her pure white bikini. I wear a tankini with splatters of blue on grey and white stripes. Jasper's gaze lingers as he walks to the rock with his new swim trunks with Nox.

“Okay, so we're battle techniques, those need to be learned.” Nox says. I look up. Down the side of his chest (next to his abs, I might add) was a tattoo in swirling lettering, but I can't read it, it's a poem. I look around. Oh my god I'm in heaven. Every single one of the boys has some form of a six pack, this is amazing. I knew Jasper would, I could just tell. Even Ash though, who eats more than anyone I've ever met, has a six pack.

“So, we'll start with the basics...”


After about two hours of training, we're actually getting the hang of it. I can fly up and cut with blades of air, from above, or I can just tackle them from the air, which I have to tell you, is really, really fun. Marina succeeds in trying to freeze water around a person's body when fire randomly erupts on the rocks and the beach. We look at Ash.

“Not me...” He says quietly. I look closer.

We are surrounded by a ring of Fire Children.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
I'm going to torture you all, this doesn't get continued for another EIGHT CHAPTERS! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

whaaaaaaaaaa

Posted 11 Years Ago


i love it

Posted 11 Years Ago


:)))))

Posted 11 Years Ago


I wonder if Marina and Ash can find a way to stop the Fire Children... but I won't find out...not for another 8 interesting chapters~


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome! I love how this is turning out! And the ending was great!!! But COME ON! Eight more chapters to wait for this? Are you trying to kill me Sophie? Grrrrr....

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

506 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 22, 2012
Last Updated on May 22, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie