Forty-Six- Airborne

Forty-Six- Airborne

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter 46


Airborne


I can't look at him. I want to, and that was the perfect first kiss. Perfection. From the perfect boy. I just don't want him to end up like my dad: alone because his lover screwed up. I've always been afriad of getting to close to someone I liked, because I didn't want to screw up their life, and now that I have this whole saving-human-kind-from-an-ancient-guy crap on my shoulders, its even worse.

But then again Ash has the same burden.

I've been mulling this over for hours, Bry snores softly next to me. The stars glitter above me, reminding me just how small I am, and just how little I can do in the world.

I don't understand why I'm part of this stupid prophecy, I don't want the powers anymore. I'm not good enough, can't they see that? I don't deserve the iron fans and the ability to fly, let someone who's actually capable of fighting take my place.

Something flutters behind me, and I turn my head. Standing over me is Missy, Missy with black wings. I scream and Ash bolts up, staring at her.

Suddenly I am rising into the air, but not by own will, and then I'm spinning, the wind ripping at me.

HOW DOES IT FEEL?” She shrieks, rising me up higher and higher, and then dropping me, I catch myself and float to the ground. “I'm so lucky Malum found me, gave me these wings,” she ruffles her feathers, “now we're equal.”

“Missy, I didn't mean to! I-”

“Didn't mean to?! Didn't. Mean. To?! Well you still made a tornado rip me into the sky, KILLING ME, you were the one who alerted the Fire Children ho destroyed the school. Everything is your fault.” She leans closer to me and hisses, “Everything.” Tears well in my eyes. At least someone finally agrees with me. She grabs my waist to take me, when she screams and drops me.

Ash stands behind her, fire still smoldering in his palms.

And again I'm flying, but not of my own accord, at super fast speeds away from my best friend, the guy who gave me first kiss, and the girl I accidentally murdered using my mystical powers. Ash's scream of anguish echoes in my ears for a long time afterward.


I am dropped in the middle of my hometown. It's the dead of night and no one is on the streets, except for two figures, one is a male who is limping, the other is a girl who has a super thin flashlight pointed at the ground. Ray? Oh my god! Ray!

“Ray!” I yell-whisper to her, she looks up.

“Airborne?” They walk as fast as Nox will permit toward me.

“What happened?” They are both shirtless, Ray's shorts are ripped and tattered, and Nox's back is oozing blood from various wounds.

“Tell you later.” Nox chokes out, obviously in a great deal of pain, and Ray looks down at their Converse. Then Missy appears between us, and her face breaks into a smile of delight.

“Ray!” She squeals and brings her in for a hug, her wings wrapping around Ray along with her arms.

“M-Missy?” Ray squeaks into her shoulder.

“Ray! Get away from her!” Nox shouts as best he can. Ray jumps back and Missy smiles, her pointed teeth glimmering red.

“She's, well, she's a zombie.” Nox explains. I get and idea then and think Does that mean we have to kill her? Except I put a swear in between each word, so Nox will hear it. He gives a barely perceptible nod. And I have to do it, I have to kill her all over again. I open a fan quietly, deading what I have to do, when she bursts into tears.

“Do it fast!” She begs, “I wish Malum just left me dead, eating people is gross, and I'm starting to decay, my hair's falling out, please just kill me!” She sobs. Before I can hesitate, or if this is a trap, before she can act on it, I squeeze my eyes shut and swing my arm, then a hollow thud, and then silence. There is no body, no blood when I open my eyes, only ashes, which I spread with a breeze.

“We need to go back to California. Or we need to find the others, which one?” I ask.

“Cali, we need the others.” Ray decides.

“Nox, you'll probably be fine as smoke, when you reform, the cuts will probably just turn to scars.” I say, “Where were you guys going anyway?”

“I don't really know, just looking for help, and I guess you're right.” Nox says, standing up straight and melting into invisibility. Ray does the same, except she's a lot more visible and we speed off west.

Again.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
Well, Missy's visit was abrupt, but the position of deranged girl who everyone thought was dead has already been filled.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I did not expect Missy to return, but now thinking about it, there was always a high chance. xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


I didn't really expect Missy again, but I kind of figured something like that was going to happen.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hi Sophie,
Your knocking them out as fast as I read them. Keep it up, as I want to know what happens next! Enjoying your style and flow. Well done.Regards
Shawlyn

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

aw wtf Ash and Airborne need to talk it out. Keep writing I need more!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2012
Last Updated on June 28, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie