Nineteen- Briar-Rose

Nineteen- Briar-Rose

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter 19


Briar- Rose


Night again. Recap of last night's episode of “Bry's horrible, twisted mind remembers more stuff!” Briar-Rose, our main character, was captured by Malum's evil sidekick, Satelles and forced to watch her sister murdered. I think sarcastically to myself. I crawl into my bed and close my eyes, dreading the next hour and forty-eight minutes.

I stare at Ariel's eyes, lighter than mine, more springy, as the light fades from their shocked, pained expression. My eyes travel down to the stake protruding from her chest. Silent tears stream down my cheeks and drop to the floor, my body shakes in silent, racking sobs.

“That, my dear Briar-Rose, was your tragedy.” Malum says, then directing his gaze to the one human-like figure still alive he orders, “Take her to her quarters.” He grabs me by the elbow, knowing I don't have any resistance in me at the moment, and I watch Malum and Satelles fall on Ariel's body, devouring her. I can do nothing but open my mouth, like I would scream, but nothing comes out. Tears only course down my cheeks faster and I feel like I'm going to pass out, I can barely breathe.

The human with red eyes brings me down a long hallway and stops at a room. I reach out and turn the door knob, the door swings open. Inside is a twin bed covered in a pink comforter, and a small hand held mirror on a side table. Later I thought, why would I need a mirror? I found out a few days later why.

He closes the door and I hear it lock, so that's it. I'm stuck here. And an only child. I lay face down on the bed, my face buried in the pillow. I wail. Eventually, I fall asleep.

I wake up to a knock on my door, “H-Hello?” I've been here for three days.

“Make yourself presentable, Satelles wishes to speak with you.” One of the Sine says. Satelles? Speak? I think to myself sarcastically. I was given a hair brush the day after I was captured. I run it through my hair obediently. Then I open my door. He stands there, “Briar-Rose, Satelles cannot control certain needs, he doesn't have the ability to, Malum says he apologizes for this part of your life, and does not wish to hurt you, only to make you see sense, but Satelles will go on a rampage, so for the time being, you must bear with this, until there is another... suitable enough. Malum gives you his sincerest apologies.” He says as we walk. He swings open the door to Satelles' room and scurries away. Sine may mean 'without' in Latin, but I don't know what he's missing.

Satelles sits on his bed.


Thankfully, I wake up here every night. And my mind skips the next part of the dream for me. It's 2:48, yet again, and I fall back asleep.


I wake up and trudge out of my room, Mom's making bacon.

“Hi mom.” I say.

“Morning sweetie! How'd you sleep?”

“Usual.” I mumble.

“Morning Dad.” I say. He grunts, Ariel was Daddy's little girl, and since I returned without her, he doesn't do much but criticize me. I sit down at the table and Mom places a plate of bacon in front of me. I pick it up, closing my eyes. At breakfast, I have to close my eyes, otherwise it turns into Ariel. I finish the meat and clear my plate. Then I go to my room and get dressed. The left over emotions from the night fade and I can continue my like I normally would.

I can't talk about my dreams with my parents, as far as I know, they have no clue about my powers, they just think I'm a gifted gardener. The story, to them, is that we got kidnapped, but Ariel just didn't return.

I walk over to my bookshelf to look for something to entertain me, a book I've never picked up but has always been there stands out. I pick it up. It's navy blue with no title, and very dusty. I open it to the first page. The only thing written is, in hastily scrawled handwriting, “Fortuna” I know enough about prefixes and the like to know that means good luck in Latin. But my mind changes it to “good luck” on the page. I suppose that is the serum, made in ancient Rome, so I have to be able to understand Latin. I turn the pages. It's a journal. There is on entry that is particularly interesting, from December 15th, 247?!?! That has to be a typo. There is no way I am reading to journal of a scientist from 1800 years ago! But, I am. The journal tells of... our origins. This is our creator.

Written beneath the entry is a prophecy. I quickly copy it down, I'll show the others soon.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
If you don't understand the whole thing with Satelles, just message me, I'll tell you. Reviews please? Sorry its so short!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I understand perfectly*shudders* I didn't think it was too short or anything like that. I actually thought this chapter was as good as always Sophie! :) I feel Soooooo bad for briar rose! That is just horrible!!!!! can't wait to read more though. It is kind of interesting, her past I mean. Even tough it isn't good, it is interesting to hear her back story. Keep writing! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hmmm...I wonder where you got the date from? Good chapter :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


can't wait to read more though. It is kind of interesting!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Just because it is short does not mean it is bad.
And I, after rereading it more slowly, understand the whole thing with Satelles... *coughs*
Well then, I was curious about how Briar-Rose knew everything and what her past was like, and now I know. Great chapter, Sophie (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great chapter i liked it good work

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I understand perfectly*shudders* I didn't think it was too short or anything like that. I actually thought this chapter was as good as always Sophie! :) I feel Soooooo bad for briar rose! That is just horrible!!!!! can't wait to read more though. It is kind of interesting, her past I mean. Even tough it isn't good, it is interesting to hear her back story. Keep writing! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 28, 2012
Last Updated on April 28, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Two- Ash Two- Ash

A Chapter by Sophie