Thirty-Seven- Airborne

Thirty-Seven- Airborne

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter 37


Airborne


We collapse in the trees and I immediately fall asleep.

I wander around a forest. Sunlight streams through foreign trees and amazing flowers in colors I didn't know flowers could be sprout around me. I hear a stream bubbling nearby and automatically move toward it. Near it sits a woman and man. The woman turns to me, opening her grey eyes. Eyes exactly like mine.

“Mom?” I whisper.

“No, your mother is not with us, I am your ancestor.” She explains in Latin. The man turns.

“Airborne! How lovely it is to have a conversation with you!” He says, also in Latin. “I am the writer of the journal your friend Briar-Rose discovered.”

“Wait, you... created us?”

“That, my dear, I did.” He nods solemnly.

“Am I still asleep? Am I dead or something?” The woman chuckles, “You are not dead my dear, just dreaming. We have something to tell you. We're giving all eight of you customary weapons. We decided it was an extra... how do you say... oomph, that Malum does not know is coming.”

“Like what?”

“Well we selected iron fans for you, they will amplify your power and they're very sharp. N ox has a bow and arrow and so on. When you awaken, tell them what we have told you. Your weapons will appear when you wake up. Goodbye, good luck...” The scene fades to blackness and I lose consciousness, asleep now.


We wake up in the night again. Our sleeping schedules are going to be all screwy. My hands are closed around something. I look down, in my hands are two closed Chinese style fans, I open them and run my finger across the top. Ow, sharp. I wave them upwards and huge gusts of wind rustle the trees above me, a shower of perfectly healthy leaves rains down onto us.

“Guys! Guys! Wake up!” I say. Next to me Bry lifts her head groggily. One arm dangles off the thick branch and touching the forest floor is the end of a staff, the top clutched in her hand. Eventually everyone wakes up and marvels at the new weapons in their hands.

“I had a dream last night, the guy who wrote the journal Bry found and the person who drank the potion who was going to be... me talked to me. They gave us these!” I babble.

“Ray, can I borrow some light? There's something written on my sword, but it's too dark.” Ash says.

“Sure.” She shines light from her finger and aims it at him.

“Hellfire.” He says, and suddenly the sword erupts in flames. “Whoa!”

“It must do that when you say it's name.” Nox says, fiddling with his bow.

“That's so cool! Hellfire.” He says, and the flames go out. Nox fits an arrow in black wood bow and pulls his arm back, the muscles in his arms straining. He lets it fly, and as he does, another one appears in it's place.

“So should we head out?” Marina asks, holding her whip.

“I guess so, where are we going to put these when we don't need them? Well, Nox could store them.” I say. But as I do they disappear.

“So, that's it? We get weapons for five minutes?” Wren says, missing his shotgun already.

“Maybe they'll appear when we want them?” Bry suggests. “Before we go, I need to go to the bathroom.” She walks off a little ways so she's out of sight.

“S**t! Does anyone have a tampon?” She calls. The guys all make grossed out faces and Ash covers his ears.

“Yeah!” Ray answers, “Nox could you get my bag for me?” She asks, turning to him. He gives her the bag from his black hole, she opens the bag, grabs what she needs and sets off the find Bry.

“Ugh.” Wren says quietly. They come back, happily chatting now and we set off in the night sky once more. Before Nox turns to smoke, he looks up at the stars. I've never seen so many, the sky seems to be white, not black. He smiles, then wisps into nothing. I rise up with Ash and we set off south-west, where the sky is slightly lighter, indicating its probably around 9:30.

“I wish there was something to do up here!” I whine, incredibly bored.

“It's funny, when we first started flying it was the most fun thing in the world, now we're used to it.” Ash replies.

“I'm definitely not used to it, this is still unreal to me. But I'm just so bored.” We fly in silence for a while longer. “Oh, I just realized, today is the first day of July. I wonder if where we're going will have a firework show.” We are flying over one of Great Lakes now.

“I hope so.” Ash says. We fly quietly in the night. By the time the first bits of dawn begin to show, we must be over Colorado. We land in the Rockies, I guess, judging by all the mountains and settle down on some grass to sleep.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
Just got the weapons idea like... yesterday.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter and can't wait to read what happens next! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

haha i like your author's note. Airborne's ancestors seems like really cool beings and I hope there's more of them in the upcoming chapters.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Marina with a whip? I can see Wren finding that sexy. xD
But I think the weapons add a bit of... flare? It adds to the plot, I think. Gives the good side a bit more of a chance. Bow and arrows remind me of Hawkeye, so reading that with Nox and I just conjure up some weird image.
I'll stop with the pointless review now. xD Good chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the weapon's Idea. Sounds super cool! :D What is Ray and Jasper's weapons? you didn't mention them...but still cool anyways! Great chapter and can't wait to read what happens next! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, I could not do this. I have to read this from the beginning! I'm guessing there's a lot more to come?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2012
Last Updated on June 16, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fifty-Nine- Ray Fifty-Nine- Ray

A Chapter by Sophie


Forty-Five- Ray Forty-Five- Ray

A Chapter by Sophie


Sixty-Airborne Sixty-Airborne

A Chapter by Sophie


Thirty-Six- Ray Thirty-Six- Ray

A Chapter by Sophie


Soldier Soldier

A Poem by Sophie