Twenty-Six- extra chapter

Twenty-Six- extra chapter

A Chapter by Sophie
"

This was a shocker for me when I wrote it :D

"

Chapter 26


extra chapter


The paper thin sword gleams red in the setting sun. My hands sweat but the weapon doesn't slip from my grasp. Drops of my victim's blood mixed with my own sweat drips down the bridge of my nose and falls from the tip, landing on the already stained grass. Strength, power, and menace flow through me as I breathe in the souls leaving their bodies, using them as a replacement for my missing one. I sink to my knees, partly from exhaustion, partly waiting for the souls' resistance to be squashed into obedience. I breathe heavily. A body lays next to me, a man from the looks of it, but the head is somewhere else.

“Hey.” I greet him nonchalantly, but being beheaded, never mind dead, he doesn't reply. I relax for a moment, breathing in any straggling souls, then stand, sheath my sword, and start to walk away.

“Help.” A voice croaks. I look down with disdain, at my feet lies a young girl of about 14. One leg is missing and the stump is hidden by her bloodstained, once blue dress, but the blood flows in a stream from where it is. Without a word I press the heel of my knee high, black leather, stiletto boots to her throat and put all my weight on it. Within a few minutes she gurgles and dies, tears still streaming down her face. Any victim who managed to live gets a... special treatment. With the tip of my unimaginably sharp blade I cut her lips, tongue, nose, ears, and eyes. Then I pick up the eyes and throw them across the field, where they bounce once then settle. I pick up a nearby victim's head and smash her teeth in with the bald man's skull. Then I chop her hair and scatter it in the wind, the straight raven black strands catching on the smoldering branches of a nearby tree, also stripped of all life. This wedding has officially been canceled. A few white chairs still stand, but none of them are white anymore.

I still didn't find her.

My sister.

My twin.

Briar-Rose.


I think I'm getting closer, California feels right. Something about the coast, the sea. I walk out of the town lines and take a permanent marker, changing the population. To the appropriate number, if it's wrong, well, that's not my problem. A few miles down the highway there's a campsite, empty of everything but one RV. I open the door. A young couple sit at the small table, eating dinner. I kick the guy before he can even say anything, puncturing a hole in his chest, he bleeds out quickly and his soul flutters into my body. The woman falls to her knees, pleading for her life, sobbing. I quickly behead her and throw them into a nearby river, swollen with a recent rain.

I don't have fingerprints to worry about, fingerprints come with a soul, I used to have them, when I was human.

But then Malum killed me, took out my soul, and turned me into a Sine. I stopped aging last year, when I, we, turned 17, and with that, my last bit of humanity left me.

And I've never been happier.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
:OOOOO lol, I surprised myself

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww what the heck Sophie. And the plot thickens...

Posted 11 Years Ago


On my. Chilling. I did not expect this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gorily( is this a word?) awesome. Briar rose's sister is a sine! sooo cool! and searching for her...this may be bad... anyways good write! please continue! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


i love it

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, that's... gory with.. lovely details.. but it was a change..
and you said none of these characters show up again? but it's Briar-Rose's sister.. searching for her.. hmm.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 22, 2012
Last Updated on May 22, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I'm Tired. I'm Tired.

A Poem by Sophie


Soldier Soldier

A Poem by Sophie