Twenty-nine- extra chapter

Twenty-nine- extra chapter

A Chapter by Sophie
"

lost scene

"

Chapter 29


extra chapter


(when Wren discovered his powers)


“No, you know what? I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY I DIDN'T JUST RUN INTO A TREE LIKE I PLANNED!” Marina screams.

Something beast-like rumbles in my throat and I feel something gurgling inside me, for a minute I think 'm going to throw up, then I realize it's worse than that, but I don't know what. I dash up the beach, if feels like my insides have become detached and they're rearranging themselves. I make it into my garage and close the door before I burst.

Literally. Whitish golden fur erupts from my pores and my bones rearrange themselves with frightening cracks. What is happening?! I close my eyes, praying its all a dream, that I'll wake up in the hospital, my voice raspy from the smoke. None of this would happen if she hadn't come along. But she did, and I'm aching because of it.

The changing stops and I walk, my eyes still closed, to a mirror. Something about the movement feels wrong, different. I open my eyes, staring back at me is a white lion. I scream, but no scream sounds, only the roar of a lion. I look down. I'm on all fours... all four paws. I'm a lion. What the f**k?! I think to myself. Something behind me moves and I twist around, attacking it. It's my tail. Oh my god.

I want to be human again, I want to be human again, I want to be human again, I want to be human again! I chant in my head. And when I open my eyes, I am. And naked. I walk into the house, shaking uncontrollably. I don't know what just happened. I grab some clothes and as I do I hear rain suddenly pelt the house and the loudest thunder I've ever heard. I run down to the beach. Marina's not there! I see a blonde head bob to the surface, then go under again. I run along the water line, screaming her name, though I'm not sure what good that will do. She starts to get up, but the water recedes to her ankles as a huge wave builds behind her, then crashes down on her.

She's gone. I grab my phone from the beach blanket and dial.

“MOM! MARINA JUST GOT SWEPT OUT TO SEA!” I scream over the howling wind, then I realize her “hello” was her answering machine. I throw the phone down in the sand, take off my shirt and leap into the waves.

“MARINA!” I scream, then get tumbled under a wave. I can't see her, she really is gone.


It's the next morning, the police haven't found her yet. The ocean is eerily calm. I go back down to the garage, ignoring the few pieces of shed white fur floating around, and rips the tarp off my motor boat.

In a little while I have the boat in the water. I sit driving it and eating some animal crackers I brought, scanning the open seascape. Every once in a while I scream her name, but no answer comes. Night falls and I lie down in the boat under a blanket, not really caring where the tide takes me.

Surprisingly, I sleep through the night. I wake up at sunrise, it's beautiful, over the ocean. Visibility is high and in the distance I see something floating, and I drive towards it. It takes about an hour for me to make out what it is.

“MARINA!” I scream in happiness, I've found her! She looks up and looks around. I get closer and she sees me.

I get to her and she immediately kisses me.

I don;t think I can get happier.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
this is a lost scene, and I'm running out of extra characters, so... yeah.
Only three more extra chapters until we find out what happens :P
I feel evil MWAHAHAHAHA

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It really is a creative lost chapter.Great chapter,nice!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Fora a lost chapter, this is really good. I really like reading from wren's point of view, I have no idea why though. I just seem to enjoy it more than the others, except for Briar Rose's. Anyway, Great chapter, I loved it. And you have a right to feel evil, because you ARE! write faster!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The moment when you really need something... and all that answers is the voice machine..
Really, great chapter, it's nice to see things in Wren's perspective too. I can imagine just how freaked out he would be, turning into a white lion. If I could do that, I would want to be an okapi~ Yeah anyway...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 3, 2012
Last Updated on June 3, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie