Thirty-Six- Ray

Thirty-Six- Ray

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter 36


Ray


Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Nox?! Nox?! NOX?! I don't get it, I just don't.

I was waiting around for Jasper, maybe hoping we could still catch a movie, even though that was kind of ridiculous considering what just happened, but I was when I heard him say: You were about to say 'fell in love', weren't you? So then of course I listened, who wouldn't? I wanted to know what he was talking about. But when I found out they were arguing over who loved me more? That's when it got weird.

Jasper didn't seem to understand what Nox said about me. Not the literal words but the... longing in his voice behind them.

Oh my god, I really hope he doesn't know about how when no one is around I eat my food like a dinosaur and make dinosaur noises. Or sing (badly) with my mouth completely full...

Oh god! When I kissed him on the cheek, I feel so bad he must've felt so happy and it was just a little thing for me...

And that why his hands were sweaty when we meditated. Awww. Still gross, but awww...

And when I first looked into his eyes and something changed that made me not out him, that was him... falling in love? Oh my god, he's been in love with me for that long?

And he took care of me at the party when I was... sleeping.

And that's why he memorized my eyes so much.

Why he didn't leave Bry's until I did.

The yin yang.

The playing with my flashlight finger.

Oh my god, how am I so stupid?! It's obvious!

And... he tried to throw himself into the path of raging flames.

But so did Jasper.

D****t, I'm in a love triangle.

I get up and run away, not caring who hears me. I get in my car and drive to my house, panicked. I get to my house and slam the door of my room.

“Ray-Ray? You okay?” My brother asks.

“No!” I'm so confused.

“Anything I can help with?”

“Not unless you can tell me how to choose between two guys who say they love you. Then no.” I say. I hear hurried footsteps rushing away. Typical brothers.

Well who says I have to choose now? But what if I fall in love with Nox? That sounds so weird! And poor Jasper. But he would look really cute with Bry. Should I text her? Call her? I just need someone to talk to. Maybe Marina, we talked a lot during training and then after the battle. It's funny, you'd think I'd be more freaked out about the battle than this. I pull out my phone and dial Bry's number instead.

“Hello?” She answers.

“Hey, I have something to tell you.”

“Uh huh?”

“Um... so Jasper was supposed to take me out to a movie after training today, and I waited around afterward even though that was stupid, considering what had just happened, and I heard him talking to Nox...”


After I tell her the story she flips out. “Nox loves you?” She screams.

“That's what I thought!” I reply.

“Oh my god, and all this time I thought he hated you. How did we not figure this out?”

“I honestly don't know.”

“Wait, so... does Jasper like me or not?” She asks sheepishly. I laugh, “Not yet, but according to Nox he will, and he's had romantic dreams about you.”

“Okay, I guess that's good enough for me.” I hear the smile in her voice.

“So I'm gonna go to bed early, rough night tonight.” I say sadly.

“K, 'night.” She says and I hang up. I take a shower and let the hot water wash over my bruises from the battle, soothing my aching body. Then I get out and set my alarm for 1:15 AM, time to get ready and walk over there. I close my eyes and the weight of my life actually crashes down on me, sending me spiraling into a deep sleep.


I wake up to my alarm on my phone playing the Mario theme song. I shut it off and get up, knowing I can't afford to press snooze today. I walk into my bathroom and pee. Then I yank a brush through my slightly damp hair and throw it in a high pony. I put on a bit of make up and then get dressed in light wash skinny jeans and a pink off-the-shoulder top. I pack a duffel bag with clothes, a toothbrush and toothpaste, some food, some matches (in case Ash got lost or died or something), and other... necessities. I grab the bag, put on my moccasins, and quietly walk down the carpeted hall to the door. I open it, glad it doesn't creak, and walk out. Looking back at my house for what seems like the last time.

I burst into light and run, moving faster than any human should. Am I human?

Soon I reach the alcove. Nox is there with Jasper, and I do my best not to blush. I turn off my light and drop the bag at Nox's feet.

“Storage?” I ask.

“Sure.” He sucks it into oblivion. We sit waiting for the others, because it's only 1:45 and they aren't here yet. After a while I get bored and make shadow puppets with my flashlight finger on the rock wall. I doze. After a few minutes I wake up with my head on Nox's shoulder, Jasper has a weird expression on his face. I pretend I didn't open my eyes and continue to sleep on his shoulder. I hear footsteps though and raise my head, rubbing my eyes.

“Sorry.” I mutter without looking at him.

“It's okay.” I detect the happiness he's trying to hide in his voice. Bry sits down and soon all the others arrive too.

“So, do we just go now?” Air asks quietly.

“I- I guess...” Ash says. I go behind a rock and throw my clothes out to Nox who stores them, I wore tight underpants, hoping they'd stay, and I turn into a cloud. Then Nox does the same. Air and Ash float in the air, Marina has disappeared into water vapor, and Wren is a hawk. Jasper let's Bry onto his back and we set off, looking around in sadness. Anyone who can fly rises up and looks for their houses. Saying a final goodbye.

We travel in silence in the skies, I don't know about Jasper and Bry, considering they're on the ground, but there's a sad atmosphere up here.

“I would suggest 'I Spy' but there's nothing to spy up here.” I mutter. Airborne laughs. Below us the scenery changes gradually. We're all slowing down as the sun begins to rise behind us.

“I think we should land for a while, sleep a bit.”

“Sounds good...” I sigh, practically asleep anyway.

“I'll go tell Jasper.” Nox swoops down as we descend into a forest in what I'm guessing is in Michigan. We stop among the trees. Marina reforms in her bathing suit and puts a sweatshirt over it.

“Nox is taking forever!” I whine. “I'm tired, I'm changing back. At this point I don't care if my clothes reappear or not.” I say in cloud form.

“No, let Nox change back first and get you some clothes.” Jasper urges.

“No! We're all gonna run out of clothes eventually, we're gonna have to get used to seeing each other naked!” I see Wren turns to Marina, “I'd like to.” He laughs.

“Such a boy!” She laughs and lightly whacks him. Just then Nox returns as a human with my clothes in his hand, bra and all. Crap, did I have to wear the lacy pink one? I go out of sight with Nox and he puts them down, then returns to the others while I change. My underwear are still here! Yes! I change into clothes, climb up a tree and fall asleep.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

amazing piece of work you did here. I was so engaged

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You had a few grammar issues, and the font size changed towards the end.
Your chapters are always so wonderful. Keep up the great work, and I'll be going on to the next chapter. ^-^

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This a really amazing piece of work you did here. I was so engaged, I didn't want it to end. The style you wrote in is just fantastic to the mind, and keeps you pulled in. Imagery is very good in here, as well. I absolutely loved it. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great chapter as always Sophie! And messing up love lifes in stories is just so fun :P rays point of view always seems so funny to me. She seems to flip out about everything XD keep up the great writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

481 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 15, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Soldier Soldier

A Poem by Sophie


Forty-Five- Ray Forty-Five- Ray

A Chapter by Sophie


Fifty-Nine- Ray Fifty-Nine- Ray

A Chapter by Sophie


Sixty-Two- Jasper Sixty-Two- Jasper

A Chapter by Sophie