Twenty-eight extra chapter

Twenty-eight extra chapter

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter 28


extra chapter


I watch my descendant closely. She kind of looks like her mother did, the same black hair, slight frame, grey eyes, they're even the same height. Airborne is the descendant of me, the scientist who created her. I watch the sleeping figure of Ash accidentally kiss her and I smile. Next to me, Iggy smiles at her descendant knowingly, her flame-like, curly red hair bouncing as she shakes her head, laughing. I cannot hear Ash's thoughts or dreams, but I can hear Airborne, even if she doesn't realize they're there. This was how we planned it, how t was prophesied.

I realized after many hundreds of years of thinking that I may have been a scientist, but the formulas were purely magic. It was a stroke of luck that the first formula was stolen, for Maren would be a good version of Satelles, and Marina would not have existed, actually, none of them would have.

But back to Airborne. I didn't drink the potion, but I fathered a child with Volita, my love, who did not die from the disease that struck my village, but in one of Malum's attacks, leaving a babe for me to solely raise, with the same grey eyes. Those stormy eyes have not skipped a generation since.

What seems like seconds later, I 'm watching her vomit endlessly in the bathroom, while Ash holds her hair. It was really a few days, but to a being who has existed for about 1800 years, a few days is nothing. I watch intently now as they train on the beach, averting my eyes when they change. I am not immature, and I am not opposed to nudity, I've seen enough of it, but some day, when we meet, I don't want her to suddenly realize her Great-to-the-nth-power-grandpa saw her naked, so I haven't. I watch in amazement as my creation works her magic, Next to me Volita squeezes my hand, witnessing the sheer power she almost acquired.

Airborne slashes a long scar in a boulder with a blade of air, a blade that would surely decapitate almost anything, except for maybe Malum and Satelles.

I watch as they pair up, Airborne circles with Jasper, opposites so it shall be harder. Jasper twists his foot and the ground under Airborne's light feet does the same, but before she can lose her balance she leaps into the air and lands gracefully on his back, then creates a gust with her hands almost touching his head. The blast is so powerful it knocks him out cold for a few minutes, enough time, in a battle, to kill the enemy.

Everyone claps and Jasper rubs the back of his head while sitting up groggily, then realizes that Airborne is distracted and sharply sends up some rock which sends her flying into the air a few feet, she flies to keep from falling, then like a bird, lands gracefully. Briar-Rose yells out “Switch!” even though I can't hear it, the sound resonates in Air's head, which means I can hear it. Now she faces Wren who immediately turns into his signature white lion and roars in her face, then pounces and pins her down, smiling the best he can as a lion. Then he runs off behind the rock to change back. When will they realize really tight clothing doesn't disappear?

Then she's up against Marina. Airborne spins in a tight circle and is soon concealed by a tornado. She moves toward Marina who jumps out of the way then sends a torrent of water splashing into the cyclone, making it sputter and stop, revealing a drenched Airborne. She dries herself off with a gust of wind and then sends a blade of air and it pins Marina's shirt to a rock, then release. They switch again.

I hope they know what they're doing, a line of fire is approaching the alcove...



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
review please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awesome

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love the fire bit.Excellent job

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is so good..I can imagine lots of pictures while reading this chapter :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Firstly I just wanted to say, great chapter :) but also, in the first paragraph you wrote; 'how t was' But anyway, great descriptions! I really liked how you came from the the grandpa's point of view or whatever, really awesome :) I really liked how you led into the fire bit, keep it up :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

389 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2012
Last Updated on May 26, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie