Sixty-Six-Ash

Sixty-Six-Ash

A Chapter by Sophie
"

so, I botched my original plan for....

"

Chapter 66


Ash


“Air, please let me in the bathroom.” I say.

“No!” She says.

“You know, the way to get me to not go on dates with other girls is to go out with me!”

“Now its a plural?!”

“That's beside the point. I have to be at her house in twenty minutes, and I really have to pee and brush my teeth.”

“No!”

I snap, “You know, just because you're the height of a child doesn't mean you have to act like one!” The door knob turns and she opens the door and stares at me, her mouth dropped open. Oh s**t.

“Have fun on your date.” She says coldly, and then slams the door to her room. I sigh and go into the bathroom to brush your teeth. Her dad appears in the doorway, “I think I liked you better when you were gay.” Then he walks away.

I finish brushing my teeth and I carry my shoes and fly over to Illiana's house. I put the shoes back on before knocking on the door. I wait a minute and it opens.

“Hi!” Illiana beams.

“Hey, you look great.” I say, and she blushes.

“So how are we getting to the arcade?” She asks, “Our car is in the shop for repairs.”

“Oh...” Crap, I hadn't thought of that, “We could... fly, I could carry you, I'm sure.”

“That should work.” She says, with a little smile, “I've always wanted to be able to fly.”

“Well, I guess you'll be able to tonight.” I smile, taking off my shoes. I pick her up in the honeymoon position and she holds my shoes for me. “Hold on tight, I have to jump for lift off.” I say, and she grips around my neck tighter. I bend my knees and jump, the jets of fire bursting from my feet. She squeals as we rise up higher into the sky.

“Oh my god this is so cool!” She gasps after a minute, “I can't believe you can fly... this is amazing.” We reach the arcade, to her disappointment, but my arm muscles' relief. It's fun in the arcade, I think she might have pretended to suck at skee ball so I'd show her how, which I was completely okay with.

We decide to walk back to her house along the ocean. A strong wind blows and knocks Illiana's hat off her head and into the water.

“Aw, I love that hat.” She says, trying to restrain her curly hair.

“I'll get it.” I say and run to the water. Once I successfully rescue the sopping hat I bring it back to Illiana and put it on her head, the water runs down her face and she laughs.

“There, better?” I laugh. She looks up at me and nods, and I realize I'm really close, and she thinks I'm going to kiss her. I have to kiss her, you can't just let a girl think she's going to be kissed and then not kiss her, its not right. So I lean down.

“No! Stop!” A familiar voice yells, and then a huge gust of wind separates us. I look up and Airborne's standing a few feet away. I sigh and turn from Illiana.

“Air, what are you doing here.” I ask tiredly as she walks forward. When she's about a foot away from me she floats up a few inches, grabs my shirt collar and pulls me to her, our lips connecting in a kiss. When we pull apart she goes to give Illiana an apologetic glance, but Illiana just squeals and claps her hands, “Oh my god, I'm so okay with this, you don't even know, now I can be a fan properly! Continue!” She wiggles her fingers at us. This is weird. “I'll call my mom to pick me up, I lied about the car, you go... find a sunset and fly off into it or something.” She smiles and pulls out her phone.

“A-are you sure?” Airborne asks.

“You heard the girl, let's find a sunset.” I say, taking Air's hand, happy beyond words. We start to take off, but Illiana calls, terrified, “Wait! My house is on fire! My mom's stuck in her room with my little sister!” She's crying, “Please save them!” Air and I look at each other for a second before zooming off in the direction of her house. When we get there, the house is in a blaze. We land and a fireman yells at us, “Stand back!”

“No, you stand back.” I say. I focus on putting out the fire and the flames disappear, but as soon as I make a move to fly, the house is so hot it goes up in flames again.

“Air, you go in and get them, I can't do anything while I'm keeping the flames down.” I say, straining to while keeping the fire out. She nods and flies up into the house through a window. I'm beginning to sweat with the effort of keeping them down. Ten minutes go by and I'm shaking, I don't know how long I can do this for. The firemen douse the house in water, but I can't risk it not working. Something snaps in my mind and the flames burst up again, but air hasn't emerged yet.

“No!” I scream, and fly up to the house, knowing I won't be burnt. I stand in the middle of some fire and I hear coughing over the crackle of the flames. I locate it and Air is holding a four year old girl while trying to kick out one of the walls, but it won't budge. I join her and we manage to make a hole in the wall big enough for us to get out. Smoke flows out, having been pent up in the room. I pick up the mom, who has passed out and we fly out of the building as it collapses.

The paramedics take the little girl and her mom and Airborne and I collapse in exhaustion and a coughing fit. She's not burned, by some miracle.

“Let's go home and sleep for a few years.” I say.

“Sounds like a plan.” She nods, and we head off. When we reach her apartment her dad waits at the door.

“Where have you been? I've been worr-” He starts to scold us, but Air just shuffles tiredly over to him, puts one finger over his mouth, shushes him, and then continues shuffling down the hall into her room. I walk to the couch and collapse on it.

“What's going on? Why are you so tired?” Mr. Casey asks, but I am already asleep.


When I come to consciousness my first thought is, another day of facing her. But then I remember, she kissed me last night, of her own accord. I sit up and stretch, and my nose happily detects the smell of bacon.

“Good morning.”Air says from the kitchen, munching on a piece of bacon. I get up and stumble in and sit down at the table.

“Morning.” I reply, rubbing my eyes and yawning. She pushes a plate of bacon toward me and we eat and talk while I wake up.

“So the girls are coming over tonight for a slumber party around noon.” Air says.

“The girls?”

“Yeah, Bry, Marina, and Ray.” She explains.

“Oh, okay, what time is it now?” I ask. She leans over so she can see the clock on the microwave, “11:55.” She says as there's a knock on the door. She goes to answer it.

“Wait wait wait.” I whisper, grabbing her waist, “Before you do that...” I smile slightly and then kiss her. After about a minute, there's another knock on the door.

“I should probably get that.” She breathes.

“Yeah, probably.” I say, but kiss her again anyway. Eventually the door opens and we hear an excited squeal. We pull apart reluctantly and it's Ray. She's grinning from ear to ear, though it's warped by the scar.

“Well, finally!” She says happily.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it. I did feel the description needs work but i did enjoy reading this. Your dialuge was cute and your characters were believable :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Luv luv luv!¡!¡!
I am absolutely in luv with this story. Can't wait for more!
1000000000000/100
crap, it wont let me do that!¡! I will just have to give you 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:D
I hope his tragedy is still the same, though :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sophie

11 Years Ago

don't worry, it is
Amanda

11 Years Ago

:D I smile
Sophie

11 Years Ago

lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

509 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 27, 2012
Last Updated on September 27, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Yearning Yearning

A Poem by Sophie


Angry Angry

A Chapter by Sophie


Massacre Massacre

A Poem by Brooklyn


Together Together

A Chapter by Sophie