7

7

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

Cars are driving by and stopping at traffic lights, people are walking; reading newspapers, talking to others on cell phones. The sun is shining brightly. John is sitting on a table outside of, Northstar Cafe. He looked at his watch, it's 9:30AM, he lays his hands down on the table. John looks inside, he can see McKenzie making her order and paying. A man gives her two cups full of something that herself and John can drink. She steps out of the door and sits with John. McKenzie passes one of the drinks to John, "It's coffee." He grabs it and takes a sip. "John.?." He looks up and says, "Yes, McKenzie?" "What happened back there, John? Why was your window nearly completely smashed?" He sets the coffee cup down on the table, "I went through it." McKenzie gets a little hysterical and unleashes her words, "Why did you go through your window, John!?" He shockingly leans back, blinking heavily. "I'm sorry, but why did you go through your window?" He explains to her about what happened, everything.

16 Hours Ago

McKenzie's car turns around and leaves the neighborhood. John steps onto his porch, he turns to the right pillar on the porch. He pushes it and it pops open, a key to his home is inside of the small hinged door. John pushes it back into the pillar and opens the house door. He steps into the home; the lights were shining, the fireplace was glowing from the fresh wood inside it. His wife, in the Family room, is sitting on a chair reading a book while a slow, romantic song is playing. He walks over to her, she takes her glasses off and sets them on the table and smiles abundantly at him. John extends his left hand out to her, she grabs it. He pulls her close, she drops the book on the chair and they begin to dance softly. Both bodies against each others, slowly moving their feet on the dark wood floor. He spins her three times around, then she is gone. She is gone like she was never in his existence. Everything begins to become dark; the fireplace is no longer burning like it never was, lights are off like they were never on. John softly says, "Emily..." He looks down and sees the book she was reading at that time. John becomes fierce, full of emotions; anger, fearful, and sadness. He throws himself out of the window, and lays on the green grass full of the broken glass. John flips over slowly on his back, reaches in his pocket and takes out a card with McKenzie's phone number on it. He calls her and awaits for her to answer.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon