13

13

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

The next morning comes quickly for McKenzie, but it was a contemporary lag for John; therefore, he had stay up through out the whole night from his terrible dream. McKenzie walks down the stairs and finds John sitting at the kitchen table, having a cup of coffee. She grabs a cup and sits down with him. John is with forethought, and keeps focused on the table. McKenzie stares at him with caution, "John, are you okay?" He does not answer her, she asks again. John looks at her, "What do you suppose a dream is McKenzie? Is it our memories or just something that we just make up? Or is it past memories from a second life or maybe a third. I mean, is that how in our dreams, we end up and the most; unbelievable, strange, and sometimes fantastic places?" He gives a hysterical laugh then says, "Explain people who you talk to, who you see that you obviously do not know but somehow you do." He pauses and leans close to McKenzie, "Do we dream real things that we want to learn about, things that we want and need to know?" John stands up from the table, rinses his cup and walks past McKenzie and goes upstairs. McKenzie just sits there, coffee in hand, blanklessly staring at emptiness. John comes downstairs, back into his clothes and walks out of the house. The sound of a car's motor, provoked McKenzie. She storms out of the kitchen, runs out of the door screaming, "No...no! John...no!!" John is in her car, zooming off of the driveway.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon