9

9

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

McKenzie drops herself at her desk, logs into her computer. A chair slams into her desk and a man in a suit sits in it, "Hey, Zelc. You need a new partner or do you still have one?!" He starts laughing but McKenzie interrupts him by slamming her hands on her desk, "You know what Jefferson! I'm gonna start calling you, 'Fly,' as a new nickname! You want to know why, because you get into everyone's business and your just like a little pest that bugs anyone and anything! You're annoying, lousy, no-good PEST! Now leave before I swat you with my swatter!" He walks off and McKenzie sits back down and gets back into the computer.

Samantha sits down on the open chair, "Look up the records McKenzie. Start with John, his wife and son." She searches the records, finds a lot on his file and opens it on the computer. "Then you once your done searching him, search me." McKenzie looks up at her strangely, "Why you Samantha?" "You will see why, just do it." Samantha walks away and then disappears around the corner. McKenzie looks back at the computer and reads, "Johnathan Andrew Switz, 1978-present. Married to Emily Rose Switz, 1979-2007. Maiden name was, Anderson. One child, Taylor Andrew Switz, 1994-2007. Career records for Emily Rose Switz; Court Reporter, 1990-2007. Career records for Johnathan Andrew Switz; Lawyer, 1989-2004, Store owner/Manager, 2004-2009. Emily Rose Switz and Taylor Andrew Switz died in Lake Logan, on Blosser Road." McKenzie leans back in her chair and says to herself, "That's where Samantha died and that's also the same year..."


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon