18

18

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

Fall of 2007

A man walks downstairs to what appears to be a basement. He steps in front of two large doors, unlocks them and opens them. The doors open widely and lights turn on inside, it is a rack full of weapons and ammo. It is Collins and he grabs a rifle off the rack, its a M110 and lays it gently on the table on the right side of the room. Collins walks back to the rack and grabs a box of ammo and a gun case. He places the case on the table, opens it, the bi-pod and gun clip are already inside the case. Collins gently places the weapon inside the case, grabs the clip and puts one bullet in it. He grabs the ammo box and puts it back in the shelf below the rack and shuts the door. Closes the case after he puts the clip back inside, grabs it and takes a set of keys before he leaves. He walks into the garage and unlocks the car, opens the trunk and lays the case in the back, closes the trunk and starts the car. The vehicle is a grey, Range Rover and drives off the home's driveway.

Collins arrives his destination, on Blosser Road near Lake Logan. He gets out and takes the case with him and starts walking up small mountain. Collins found level ground, unlatched the case, grabbed the gun, attached the bi-pod to it and inserted the clip. He lays himself flat on the ground, extending the pod legs and waited for his target. Collins adjusted his scope and has perfect sight of the road.

A grey, Mercedes Benz E-Class is driving on the road. Collins is looking through his scope and sees, a man, a woman and child. It's John, Emily and Taylor in the car. Collins presses against his ear, which has a earpiece in it. "Okay, now you need to come out when I say to." A woman in a gown, hiding presses against her ear, "Okay, just tell me when." He looks through the scope, "Now, go now!" The woman in the gown jumps out in front of John, he swerves and misses her and comes back around to the right lane, still not in good control. A bird launches out from the tree and hits Collins, the gun goes off. A loud fire from the gun spitting out the round bullet as it spirals in the air. The bullet hits the right vehicles tire, John swerves more, hits the guard rail and impacts into the lake. The impact was hard, Johns head hit the steering wheel before the airbag exploded out. Collins stands up, puts everything in the case and presses against his ear. "Meet me at my car."

The woman in the gown is at the car, Collins puts the case in the trunk closes it and goes to get something in the glove compartment. "I want my payment you told me you would give me. I did what you asked." "You want your payment? Well I don't have the money but I have this." Collins comes out and shoots her with a pistol three times. She falls to the ground, blood pushing out from the gun wounds. He picks her up and throws her into the lake and leaves.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon