17

17

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

2004/ Early Spring

The case lasted over a year, and Mr. Welkowsky won. John didn't worry about losing the case neither about what Collins told him.

Late Fall of 2006

John is at his home, in the living room. He turns the TV on and it's on the news. The newswoman spoke, "A current convict escaped prison this morning and his name was Adam Collins. The reports says; six other convicts are dead along with twelve officers." Pictures of the convicts and officers came upon the screen as she spoke the names of all of them. John turns the TV off and gets up. He walks into the kitchen and kisses his wife, "I'm going to tuck in the kid, I'll be with you in a few. She nods and kisses him again then goes upstairs to the bedroom.

The news was buzzing in the office at the Columbus Police Station. The same news about Collins escaping and his killings. McKenzie is by the front door, "You ready Samantha?" Samantha is staring at the TV and watching the news. When it was finished, she was asked again if she was ready. "Yes, I am ready. Lets get out of here."


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon