Seen Again

Seen Again

A Chapter by Irenic
"

And there was

"

While walking into the house, he was talking to himself

Fajahad: “Aaj tou subah gai hai, phir tou abhi definetly nahi hogi”
(She would not be at home today, definitely after all she left today’s morning.)

But when he looked at table he left with “yeh phir agai!!” (She has come again!!) when she said “Fajahad yahan aao tou” (Fajahad, please come here.)

                                  -

Friday

Before Jumma Azaan

Farhan, dressed in white kurta shalwar due to holy day of Friday, walked into swimming pool room of his friend’s home

Farhan: “Faraz bhai, aap yeh Fajahad ko dey dena”
(Faraz bhai, give it to Fajahad.)

Faraz: “Theek hai”
(okay.)

Fajahad, who was swimming and waving his body due to free style, waved fast to base and splash his face out with “I am here, my friend”

Farhan: (sat on feet in squatting posture in front of him and near his hands that were lying on each other) “Oye tou tu yahan hai, Mr. Swimmer!”
(So, you are here, Mr. Swimmer!)

Fajahad: “Tu bhi andar aa ja na” (You also come inside.)
He was pulling his hand in

Farhan: “Abay nahiii yaar” (Not now!)
He pulled his hand out of his hold by standing and applying force to take it out.

Farhan: “Namaz k liye jana hai” (I have to go for Namaz.)
He then turned to Faraz who was standing

Farhan: “Ok Faraz bhai”
He handshake with him

And then turned at him
Farhan: “tujh se baad mein baat hogi filhal concentrate on your swimming”
(I will talk you later. For now time being, do swimming.)
In return he splashed water out
Farhan moved away, handling his kurta and shalwar, and then walked out.

                                                 --

Fajahad and Faraz was sitting in lounge. Fajahad finished up his swimming session. One was using phone and other laptop.
Fajahad: “Nida bhabbi kab aayein gee?”
(When will Nida bhabbi come?)

Faraz: (while using) “aaj”
(Today)

And the feet marched in

Faraz: “abhi” {Now} (while looking at her who was marching in and brought pone screen in front)

Nida: “yeh sub kiya hai!
(What is this!)

Faraz: “Kiya?”
(What?)

Nida: “Fajahad parhna tou”
(Fajahad, read it.)
She was still looking at Faraz.
And he could see redness behind her eyes that reflecting in the form of red cheeks which can be labelled as “angry”

Fajahad: “Nida, tum ne khana khaya”
(Nida, have you eaten food?)
He read the message

Nida: “Kal raat se pandra baar message kar chukka hai! Aur message bhi kaisay! Nida tum…”
(He has sent me 15 messages like this since yesterday’s night! And what the messages were! Nida, have you..)

Fajahad: “raat ko jaldi so jana”
(Sleep early tonight.)

Nida: “Aisay”
(Like this!)

Yesterday’s evening in which her brother was tweaking her that how silly messages her husband was sending her and how everyone was laughing on her jokingly when they all were waiting for delivery to arise was still revolving above her eyes. She could remember her brother’s dialogues “Ammi abu iskay agay peechay duty kar kar k thak gaye thay tabhi iski shaddi kardi takay wo unki jagah iski duty karay….Aray ammi jaldi khana lao tou warna damad sahab yahan aa jayein ge k meri begum ko itni dair tak bhooka kyun rakha!” (Ammi and Abu actually got tired of running behind her that’s why they married her so that he would do their duty……Mummy please bring food fast otherwise your son-in-law would come here and ask that why did we keep his wife hungry for hours!)

And he could remember that her absence was still her presence for him that’s why he was so much careful about her.

And Fajahad was laughing and saying “Bhai..”

And Faraz left with looking down and

Faraz: “I am sorry Nida, next time I won’t do it.”

Nida: “You should be”
And she marched in room

Namaz mat was already lying on the room where she used to rolled it off outside the washroom near Faraz’s side of bed having tasbeeh and chador on its top.She was shocked to see it. She was confused thinking “yeh yahan kyun bicha hua hai?” (Why it is rolled out here?)

Faraz entred in the room to put his laptop on bed.

Nida: “Faraz”

Faraz: “Haan bolo”
(Yes say)

Nida: “Yeh sub tum ne bichaya hai?”
(Did you have rolled out all of this?)

Faraz: “Haan”
(Yeah)

Nida: “Par kyun?”
(But why)

Faraz: “Kyun k”
(Because)

His reaction left her blushing and say “Hayeeee” (Awww) because he was, after saying “kyun k”, looking down blushingly.

                                  ---

Saturday

7 PM

Fajahad was sitting in his and trying to listen who was talking while sitting on bed

Fajahad: “Hello Farhan”

Farhan: “Haan bol”
(Yes say)

Fajahad: “Tu jaldi se yahan aa” (You come here fast.)
He, while, was also dragging his ear away

Farhan: “Par kyun?”
(But why?)

Fajahad: “Zoya aai hui hai! Ek tou yeh har roz aa jati hai!..Tu aana yaar”
(Zoya is here today too! The villain always comes here nowadays!...You come man!)
He started murmuring when he heared Zoya’s laughter and when he realized Farhan asked him reason so he shouted on him

Farhan: “Acha theek hai, main aata hoon”
(Okay I am coming)

                        ----

Farhan drove the bike behind.

                         -----

Fajahad’s room

Both were sitting on bed

Fajahad: “Acha hua tu aa gaya! Yeh Chusni roz aa jati hai! Aur phir aa k yeh dono mera dimagh khati hai! Kehti hain “Fajahad humein yeh samjha dou, Fajahad humein wo samjha dou” Yeh samjha dou wo samjha dou my foot! Is liye main us din teray ghar nahi aa saka! Yeh churail yahan aai hui thi!!”
(Its good you have come here! This, passy little creature, always comes here! And then they both eat up my brain! And you know what they say “Fajahad please explain this please explain that” And explanation is my foot! That’s why I could not come to your place that day! The villain was here!!)

Farhan: “Acha tou yeh majra hai. By the way Faraz bhai ne kaha tha k 8 bajay neechay khanay pay aa jana”
(Ok! So that is the story. By the way Faraz bhai told us to come for dinner by 8)

Fajahad: Aaj hum dono ghar pe nahi kahin aur jayein ge.
(Today we would not have dinner at home. It would be somewhere else.)

Farhan: “kahan?”
(Where?)

Fajahad: “tu chal tou sahi”
(Come with me, my friend.)

The two ran downstairs

Zoya: (sitting at dining table) “Ooo Farhan tum bhi aaj yahan pe ho!”
(Farhan! You are also here!)

Farhan: (fake smile) “Haan main bhi aaj yahan pe hoon” (Yeah! I am also here.)
Then looked at him and grimaced.

Fajahad: “Aray Chocolate cake! Yeh aap laye ho bhai!”
(Chocolate Cake! Did you bring it, bhai!)

He nodded

Fajahad: “Farhan! Aa aa chal baith! Tujhe nahi pata yeh kitna delicious cake hai! Yehitna delicious hota hai itna delicious hota hai k jab bhi bhai yehcake latay hain main aur Farah is par toot partay hain aur dou ghantay mein diba saaf kar detay hain”
(Farhan! Come sit here! You don’t know how much its tasty! It is so delicious, so delicious that me and Farah always bump on it whenever bhai brings it and clean the whole box within two hours)

He was taking the slice of cake out in his plate while Farhan was standing.

Fajahad: “Tu bhi aa ja, kha k chaltay hain!”
(You also have it, Farhan! We will go after it!)

Faraz: “kahan?”
(Where?)

Fajahad: “Farhan k ghar! Aap ko pata hai iski family bohat interesting hai! Saturday night is k ghar guzarna eid k barabar hai.”
(Farhan’s place. Do you know bhai, his family is very interesting! Spending Saturday night at his place is equal to celebrating Eid!)

 

Zoya: "Tou phir hum bhi chalein?"
(Can we come with you, then?)

 

Fajahad: “kyun aana hai tumhein?”
(Why do want to come?)

She sat behind.

 

Fajahad: “Chal Farhan”
(Come Farhan)

He took more cake in his plate and ran out.

                      -----

 

 

 

 



© 2018 Irenic


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on July 28, 2018
Last Updated on July 28, 2018
Tags: chocolate cake, tasbeeh, Namaz mat, messages

Fard


Author

Irenic
Irenic

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
World is a painting and I am one of wanderer in it who is known by the name of IRENIC in its tiny piece's another world called INTERNET. more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Poem by Irenic


Collection Collection

A Poem by Irenic


Compilation Compilation

A Poem by Irenic