Excerpt 2.

Excerpt 2.

A Chapter by Glen Yumang Manese

Through the Eye of the Lens

Excerpt 2.

We are declaring civil war! This has gone far enough. Choose your side and let us have at this juncture. Draw the line and fight for what is right. Blood must be shed. Heroes will be made and many will die. Our cause is much the same. Yet, we disagree to fall one by one for the end is near. Brave to stand and kneel in the name of power. We bury the dead and say a prayer. Layers of our skin are thick with vengeance; so far, so unsettling to give up. No flight, we carry on the fight for glory. Pride must not be able to surrender. Our will to defend for what is right. Balance of justice is tilted to a point of no return. See the pendulum sway. No forthcoming of cease fire. No peace in the distance. Father against son. Mother against daughter. We fathom not which equation. Both wrongs will equal a right of passage. For the beginning to start again. A generation must sacrifice or more for the eyes are blinded by emotions. Decree this moment of moments for what must be done. Convictions latter; will tell us. No sides has won in the fulfillment of our actions. When words alone can send us in the deep abyss of suicidal differences. One will declare themselves the winner. While they condemn those who lost. The gavel will persecute and more will die. What have we done. Truly in the name of our own pronunciation of principles. Our rights given or taken in vain. We must do harder to wager the tension of annihilation. For when the new dawn arrives and the sun besiege again...only to come again. Do we forget our destructive nature for one another. Cycles through time and time again. Slowly forgotten, until again the actions of men falter to repeat their history.


© 2020 Glen Yumang Manese


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are right my friend. Fighting since the beginning of time. Still fighting.
"Do we forget our destructive nature for one another. Cycles through time and time again. Slowly forgotten, until again the actions of men falter to repeat their history."
The sad part. The wars will end. When the human being are gone. Maybe nature can survive? A amazing and worthwhile chapter.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3243 Views
1 Review
Added on February 9, 2020
Last Updated on February 14, 2020

A.K.A. FAD Series V: Through the Eye of the Lens


Author

Glen Yumang Manese
Glen Yumang Manese

Follow me at Twitter tag: @GlenManese, St. Petersburg/Pittsburgh/Makati, Philippines



About
Me in a nutshell: I am currently, done with my first book of verses: The Onyx - Vena Amoris. Friesen Press finished in December and is out for release before the holidays at the end of the year 20.. more..

Writing