The Tug of War:

The Tug of War:

A Chapter by Glen Yumang Manese

The Tug of War:

...let the games begin...choose your sides or independently sit at your leisure...and watch the battle from the middle...no matter where you take your stance, its a dangerous place to be...the rope will decide who has the peace through strength to dictate the outcome...are you ready to dig in and claim your right of passage...give everything for the ideology, you believe...there are no weapons, except your determination...you are the weapon...the strength to pull it altogether...no more blame game...no more indifferences...the moment of truth will prevail...who governs the country of freedom...to and fro...blood, sweat and tears...who will win the outcome...you can quit anytime...that is your choice...yet the struggles you vehemently express no longer hold weight, if you do...because at this point there is no country to give you protection...this is the tug of war...you quit, you claim surrender...before you had all the strength to express it...to speak out for injustice(s)...for peace of mind...the battles of ideologies scream and shout for their freedom...which no longer exist...all of you were once a coherant definition of a presumable life, liberty and pursuit of happiness...that the time and place has come down to this juncture...you have learned nothing of history, nothing of freedom and no rightful claims to the meaning of it...except to tarnish it for personel gains and advantage for the system at play...yet, you rather not trade your place in the hierarchy of status...the rest of the world only wish...they had for a life of spoils...so freely given...so we play this merry go round of hate and discontent for a false narrative of our country...our way of glory, no others know for even a minute or hour...a day or a week of the otherside...which in turn have become months into years...decades into centuries, we hope will flourish to rise up...for the chance to keep what we have left of our worth...we forgotten how to accept our failures as actions for a betterment to move forward...for however...imperfect that may be to others...our system works...because of it...the chaos you so justifiably wish for...the insignificant of how this ends...all eyes on me...futters to land in the middle of this engagement...the country was the rope can no longer survive the tension...lay before you the citizens of the free world...tattered and torn...the pieces of a beautiful creation no longer flies freely...scattered like the dead for the follies of disagreement of terms...the tug of war tells you, you are all...at fault and aftermath of its destruction was the results of incompetence to address it...the leadership to attain it...to fix it for the United States of America to stand and remain the last frontier for freedom as we know it...


© 2021 Glen Yumang Manese


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I just recently finished a poem titled "Fetch" about the citizens all becoming good dogs who obey their masters. Thomas Jefferson once said, The tree of liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants; it is its natural manure. There seems to be a prevailing presence of tyranny that is just recently full of manure. It's being shoved and shoveled on the populace through the bought and paid for media. Fiction is offered as fact and is so recognizable that they don't even bother to disguise it any longer. When a sitting president admits to duping the voters and calls his own lies "crap" and then laughs about how gullible the voters are (all on video) and the citizens offer no effort to recuse the dishonest and corrupt administration, freedom is injured and liberty jailed. This is really well written, Glen. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. Keep pointing out the light in ink. F.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1278 Views
1 Review
Added on September 2, 2021
Last Updated on September 3, 2021

A.K.A. FAD Series V: Through the Eye of the Lens


Author

Glen Yumang Manese
Glen Yumang Manese

Follow me at Twitter tag: @GlenManese, St. Petersburg/Pittsburgh/Makati, Philippines



About
Me in a nutshell: I am currently, done with my first book of verses: The Onyx - Vena Amoris. Friesen Press finished in December and is out for release before the holidays at the end of the year 20.. more..

Writing