Prologue~Page 2

Prologue~Page 2

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
"

Please Critique my work!

"

It was steamy in the room and I began to relax, even as the contractions persisted to get worse.


Taking deep breaths I thought of nothing but the child I would be welcoming into our world. I peered down at my belly and wondered what she looked like, would she look like me or him?


Elisha came back into the room handing me a glass of cold water. He was anxious, I could see it in his eyes and the way he tapped his hand against his thigh. It was a few minutes before he finally spoke, his voice was sadly broken.“Why did you not tell me?” my natural instinct was to lie, but I knew it would be no good. I couldn’t lie to him, ever.


“How could I?” The pain in my abdomen no longer hurt as bad as the pain in my heart. “You were leaving-“


“I would have been back Sharece. You know that, why would you keep this a secret? Did you even plan on telling me?” The raw agony in his voice pored through the room as if it was a thick liquid clouding my vision. Black mist radiated of him swirling around me, caressing my skin like a lost lover.


I tried to stand and failed,” Yes, I was. It’s still early, I am not due for another two months… I wanted to surprise you, but you did not come home when you said you were.” My voice was so low I was afraid I would have to repeat myself, but I knew I had a point. He was suppose to be home over four months ago. It was going to be a happy come home surprise, but he had not come home.


I was suddenly very tired, my limbs felt weak and unused. I turned my head towards him and waited for him to speak. He wanted to be mad, I could tell the way he looked around as if he would find a real reason. There was none, I was right. He sighed and all the anger was gone. “I’m happy.” He embraced me and rubbed my pregnant stomach. “I’m sorry. Just glad I am here now.” He kissed me leaving me completely dizzy, I had missed him so much it was crazy.


“I love you, more than you will ever know.”

* * *



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


Author's Note

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
I admit I have a problem from going 1st person to narrator so please do excuse those mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Very well written! I really liked it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing