Chapter 1~ Page 18

Chapter 1~ Page 18

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

“What are you doing here?” I looked at him cautiously and then realized he was holding out my bag. I quickly grabbed my bag from him and thanked him. “You shouldn’t leave your things laying around.” I rolled my eyes, “And you shouldn’t be in empty classrooms with girls.” He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.


“Well, the class wasn’t empty now was it?” My face got hot and I looked away from him, “Whatever. Thanks for bringing me my bag. I have to get to class now.”


“Why in such a hurry? You seemed just fine a minute ago.” He had an eyebrow raised and was smiling mockingly at me. He took a few steps closer to me, leaving only a few inches in between us. I hadn’t realized he had been so tall, I had to look almost straight up to see his face. These were the times I hated being short; almost everyone was taller than me and I was almost positive he was nearly nine inches taller than I. I pushed my hair back and rolled my eyes, “I care about my grades.” He was still smiling, but moved out of my way, “Ladies first.”


I was tempted to run back to the building, I didn’t like him, he was irritating the crap out of me. “What’s your name by the way? I have never seen you here before.”


“Names Cody, and you?”


“Danica.”


“Hm, unusual. Nice name though. I like it.”


“No one asked you.”


He laughed and kept walking silently next to me. It wasn’t long before we were at my class, “It was nice meeting you Danica. See you round.” I nodded my head and slipped into the classroom right when the bell rung. Everyone began to rush out of the room leaving me dumbfounded, I hadn’t realized two hours had already passed.


Selia came up behind me and covered my eyes, I didn’t jump. I had always found it easy to sense when she was near. I smiled, “You ready to go?” I turned around and headed towards the student parking lot, “I was ready the moment I got here.” We ran to Jessy’s  car where her and Christina were already waiting. “Bout time you got here.” I shook my head, “School got out three minutes ago.”



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
Added on April 5, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing