Prologue~Page 8

Prologue~Page 8

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
"

Critique my work please :)

"

It was almost five-o-clock and I had only a few hours to sleep before the day would began. Sharece was in the other room with Danica, I could hear suckling loudly, greedily. I rested may head on my pillow and drifted into a deep sleep, completely unaware of my surroundings.


* * *


Holding Danica in my hands was still astounding, I had never been so happy and proud. She was small when she had first been born, maybe five and a half pounds, far to small for comfort. But since then she had gained weight and was getting bigger every day. We had worried she would be sickly, but a trip to the doctor had cleared all that. She was as healthy as any other full term child, I on the other hand had been much to weak after that.


There was no answer as to why I had been so exhausted, ‘Birth takes a lot out of a women, its normal to feel this way’. That’s what they said, but I knew that wasn’t true. Yea, its exhausting but not that much and I had remarkable healing! It shouldn’t have taken so long to get well. It reminded me the one time I had ever felt vulnerable to death.


I had been really young then, maybe seven years old. I fell out of a tree, I had a knack for climbing. I had been on it many times and had never fallen. I was confident swinging from branch to branch, even flipping from one to the other. I made one miscalculation. I figured I had mastered it, and instead, I fell. I missed the branch by a hair. I slipped and it wasn’t the branches that had scratched my arm and bruised me that scared me, but when the ground came rushing at me I screamed. I was in a coma for three months… 


The doctors thought I would never wake, and even when I try to remember what happened during that time all I remember is a black void, empty and bottomless, ready to consume me.


I shivered at the memory. After birth I had come so close to seeing that void just behind my eyelids it had went in and out of focus, but it was over. It would be awhile before we had another child anyway. I would be more prepared next time. Until then, I was going to focus on my daughter, protecting and nurturing her.



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing