Chapter 1~Page 31

Chapter 1~Page 31

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

I hung up the phone quickly. I looked at the calendar, August 18, her 16th birthday was in 8 months. I sighed and sat on the hard chair at my desk. I picked the phone up and dialed a number.


“Hello?”


“What happened tonight?”


“Well, your daughter bout beat my a*s.” I let out a low growl, “What did you do? You can’t be risking this, it’s to early!”


“Elisha, she has 8 months, it’s best to start early. If you could feel the power she radiates it was amazing, she broke my back!”


I paused, “Really?”


Cody sounded exited, “Yes. She even shattered my shield. Do you have any idea what that means? She is powerful, and with the right training she will be ready.”


“How did you do it? Did she already know how? I told her grandmother not to teach her anything, it’s much too dangerous and Itzal is breathing down my back. I can’t keep leading him off.”


“If you ask me she has a temper like her grandfather. She started freaking out on me. But look, I know we have to start early. She needs to learn and soon. You can’t hide her forever, how long has it been since you have communicated with her? This has got to stop, keeping her oblivious is only going to make things worse.”


“She isn’t supposed to be in this!”


Cody didn’t say anything. I let out a frustrated sigh. “I know what you mean, but she is. We can’t just change that. She will be vulnerable, give her some kind of defense. We both know come her birthday she will be easy to find, impossible to hide.”


I knew he was right, I knew it from the moment she was born I would have to face the fact she played a large role in this. “Okay.” I slammed the phone down and punched a hole through the cement wall. One of many I would have to repair.


“Alice?”


“You shouldn’t let anger get the best of you, be proud that she is still alive and well.”


“How can I not be! I tried for years to keep her safe. And in less then a year thousands of people are going to be out to get her.”


“And just as many will be there to help. Accept the truth for what it is, she will do well.”


“How did you get here anyway? Shouldn’t you be…”


She giggled, “I made my mistakes long ago. I have come to accept it and do all I can to live with it.”


“What was it like?”


She held her hand up, “I do not speak of it.” And with that she walked into the other room.

***

 



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


Author's Note

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Elisha's pov

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing