Prologue~Page 6

Prologue~Page 6

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
"

Please critique my work

"

“I’m sorry… I have to, I have no choice.” I pleaded with my eyes for her to understand, to believe everything was going to be fine. I would be back. “No. You cant leave now-“ she looked over at our child, “we need you. Tell me, why are you leaving.” It was no longer a question, it was a clear demand. There was no way out of it, she was pissed. Her face was no longer entreating, it was cross. I stood, unsure how to react. As a child Sharece had been much like her father, mean, demanding, strong and irrational. Over the years she calmed, more reasoned with her emotions and actions.


She was getting impatient as I stared dumbfounded, “Who is she?” I must have looked as I felt, and then I laughed. I laughed so loud I feared I may wake Danica, but the mere idea of such a thought was absurd! I was still laughing when I said, “No one. How you could even think that. You are my only love, my one and only.” I tried to reach for her but her hand quickly evaded mine. She was not amused, I stopped laughing. She had been serious.


Black tendrils of smoke trailed down her body clinging to her anger, feeding from it. It was odd to watch the smoke surround her. It was of her own, but so unsuitable for her. Her eyes had dilated I could barely see her pupils and her hands were clinched in tight fists, trying to fight the urge I knew she had let her anger free. She growled, a deep ominous sound coming from deep in her chest, ripping through the room like a knife. “Then why do you leave? Tell me.” The accusation was still there, but I could also hear her trying to reason with me, we had never been so far apart. She was always there and for the first time I refused her simple request, the truth.

I looked her in her eyes, they had never been so dark towards me. I found an instant I was mad at her, how could she not trust me. But I had learned how to think before I acted. Irrational choices made mistakes. I wanted to touch her and feel the heat radiating off her body. Putting my hand on her shoulder she pulled me closer. The black tendrils of shadows slithered over my skin, wrapping itself around me. It was a cool sensation, pleasurable and wrong coming from her. I didn’t stop though, I kissed her neck making a small trail until I got to her lips. 


© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

879 Views
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing