Chapter 1~Page 28

Chapter 1~Page 28

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

“Believe me now?”, he combed his fingers through his hair, “Well. This is awkward. I was going to just leave it in your room or in the mail.” I shot my head up, “You’ve been in my room!” He chuckled, “I lived in that house before you where even born, your room used to be my sister’s.” I wanted to say something but immediately stopped, I believed him. I couldn’t believe I actually believed him! “Okay, tell me something special about my room.” He didn’t hesitate to answer, “There is a small chamber in the back of your closet big enough to fit three of you, if you lift the big chest that has been sitting in the corner to the left of your window there are scratch marks from one side to the next, also if I’m correct under your bed is a chamber door leading to a long corridor into a bunch of tunnels that even I have yet to master. Am I correct.” I couldn’t fathom what he was saying, everything he had said was accurate. I then started wondering how he had lived in my house before me. He couldn’t have been but a few years older than me, my family had owned the house for nearly a hundred years.


“How old are you?” He stopped to think about it and smiled, “Is it really relevant?” I started to laugh, big bubbles of laughter just rolled in me bursting when it reached my mouth. “This has got to be a joke. You f****n lost your mind!” and so had I. He looked at me skittishly. “Don’t freak out on me okay? I know it’s hard to believe.” He stepped towards me as if I was a wild animal. “I’m not going crazy…” He nodded his head, “Okay good. Well, um. Lets talk.” I shook my head vigorously. “I don’t want to talk to you. I still don’t like you, just because you know my dad means nothing.” I paused for a moment.


“Why are you just getting here, I mean talking to me and all that, did something bad happen?” He shook his head, “I’ve been watching you since you where really young. I just never thought there would be a reason to get so close.”


“And what has changed?”


“Your going to be sixteen soon, we have to prepare you.” I must have looked clueless.


“Do you have any idea what you are?” I looked around nervously, my stomach was starting to churn and I thought I might be sick.


“I have to go.” I ran inside and didn’t bother to look back. I knew he wasn’t following me.

***



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Nice beginning..sympathy for the main character begins right away and that's good.

Will read on...

Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 15, 2012
Last Updated on April 15, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing