Chapter 1~Page 30

Chapter 1~Page 30

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

Danica laid on my bed and let large trembling sobs roll over her. I rarely ever saw her cry, I knew whatever happened must have been serious, she didn’t move when I sat next to her holding her close. She embraced me and cried harder. Jessy and Christina went to the guest room to sleep giving Danica and I sympathetic glances.


I waited until she was still to turn her head towards me, “What happened?” She looked away and took a small silver chain necklace from her pocket with a ring hanging from it. I took it from her and looked at the ring closely. My one and only Sharece was engraved on the inside. I gasped, “Where did you get this?”


“Cody gave it to me…”


“Cody? You mean that new kid at school, how would he have something like this?”


She laughed humorlessly, “He said my dad gave it to him, for me. I don’t know what to think. It was crazy! I was trying to leave and he grabed me, then when I tried to hit him it was like someone else did it for me, only no one was there. And, and I got hit back, right in my side. I tried to get him back and I swear something was blocking me. Like a wall, only I couldn’t see it!” she stopped there and started crying again, “I think I’ve lost my mind.”


For a moment I thought the same thing, but I remembered when I was younger the weird things that had happened. It wasn’t much different then when I would come over and play. Her grandma always warned us to stay out of the basement and attic. A few times I tried, but every time I did I was unable to get past the threshold of the door. Even a few times in the corridors I ran into walls I couldn’t see. I never told Danica about them, but that didn’t mean she didn’t ever run into them too.


“I don’t think so. Remember your dad used to do tricks just like that?” She sniffled and laughed, “I remember. You would always run into it. Almost broke your nose.” She laughed a little louder and got quite. “He knew stuff about my room, he said he used to live here.”


I didn’t know what to say, I had saw Cody and was positive he was no older than nineteen. “He’s probably trying to freak you out. Hey, he coulda got ahold of the blueprints maybe?”


“Do blueprints show stains and scratches on the floor, besides there are doors and secret chambers that aren’t even on the blueprints.”


“Okay. Well what do you suppose?”


“He asked me did I know what I was… what kind of question is that?”


“I don’t know, but look its almost two in the morning. We have to get some sleep.”


She nodded her head and rolled over, “Goodnight.”


“Night.”


It didn’t take long for her to fall asleep, I got out of bed and went to the kitchen. I made sure to be quite and unlocked the small drawer at the back of the cabinet where I hid most of my ‘secret’ stuff. I pulled out the small piece of paper that I had stored there almost ten years ago. The number was a little smeared but still good enough to read. I typed it into my phone then hit call.


“Hello?” I young girl answered.


“Hi, is Elisha there?”


“How is this?”


“Salia Anderson.”


A male voice answered, “What is it?”


“I think she is started to develop.”


Silence…


“Since when?”


“Tonight.”


“Okay.” He hung up.


I erased the number and went back to bed.

 



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
Added on April 15, 2012
Last Updated on April 15, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing