Chapter 2~Page 32

Chapter 2~Page 32

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

“Wake-up! Get up, come on where going to be late if you don’t hurry up!” I groaned and turned my head deeper into my pillow, I wasn’t ready to get up yet. “Girl, get off the bed. You have fifteen minutes to get up and get dressed.” I closed my eyes tighter and tried to ignore Selia as she persisted I get up.


“Ugh, I don’t wanna get up!” I swatted her away. She grabbed my arm and tugged at it. “If, you don’t get up I’ll get a bucket of ice.” I lifted my head up and looked at her, “And you will never be heard from again.” She chuckled and I sat up stretching my back. I sat crisscrossed for a few moments then stood up, my legs felt heavy. I had to message them to work. I still had the clothes I had worn last night on, I grabbed my bag from under Silia’s bed and quickly slipped out of my clothes and into a clean white tank top and a pair of short jean shorts. I walked around the room looking for my sandals, I couldn’t find them and decided to borrow a pair of Selias’.


I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, the only sign of me crying was the dark smear of mascara under my eyes. Selia popped her head in, “You almost ready?” I turned the water on and began washing my face, “In a few minutes.” I rinsed my face and gurgled some mouthwash, my hair was full of tangles and looked a mess. I ran downstairs still combing it and grabbed my purse. I looked at my phone; I had five minutes to spare and went to the kitchen. My stomach rumbled and I searched through the counters for something quick. I found a bag of chips and a fruit cup; I grabbed them and ran to the car.


“You are so slow!” Jessy yelled from the car window. I flipped her the bird and got in the front seat. Jessy started the engine and swerved out of the driveway. Luckily we got to school five minutes before the tardy bell.

I got to my seat and got my math homework out, which I luckily had done while everyone was getting ready for the party. I hated homework, no matter how easy, but I wasn’t going to let my grades get poor. We passed our assignments to the front.


“Today I want you to get the math books under your seats, turn to page 265. Read through the chapter and answer these questions.” She passed a piece of paper out to everyone; I looked at it and almost laughed out loud. I was never a fan of math, but I wasn’t ignorant to it either. I began answering the problems and finished in less then five minutes. Talk about easy! I was instantly glad I had taken my advanced math class over the summer.


I sat up straight in my seat and looked around bored. I hated moments like this; school was just to slow sometimes. A few minutes past and I laid my head on my desk.


Click


I turned my head up to watch a new student walk through the door. He was probably an inch or two taller then me, his hair a dark brownish/red color just long enough to shadow his eyes. He handed a note to Mrs. Washington and she motioned for him to take a seat, handing him the assignment. He didn’t seem happy to be here, his whole posture was oddly tense, aware of everything going on.


I sat my head back down and waited for class to be over.

***



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
Added on April 22, 2012
Last Updated on April 22, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing