Chapter 1~Page 27

Chapter 1~Page 27

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

Cody started to laugh, “How’s it feel?” I touched my side and with nothing but anger jumped at him slamming into an invisible wall. He laughed louder almost hysterically as I groped the shield or whatever the hell it was. I was starting to freak out, “What the f**k is happening!” For a few seconds fear started consuming me, I didn’t know what was happening and quickly reestablished myself pulling all the anger I had. I slammed my fist into the air again this time hearing a shatter of glass. Cody stopped laughing and looked at me bewildered.


“How did you do that?” He said. I felt the air again to make sure it was safe to walk through, “What was that?” He shook his head and tried to walk to the door, I blocked his path giving him no time before I again tried to hit him. This time it landed directly in his left shoulder knocking him nearly ten feet away and into the nearest tree. I stopped confused, I knew I couldn’t be that strong. He didn’t make much noise when he got up, I could hear the bones in his back crack as he stood up. You really shouldn’t be so rough Danica, it’s not very nice. I stared at him fearful, his lips didn’t move at all when I heard his voice. This time I tried to run back in the house, I felt a violent tug on my hair and was dragged back. I screamed, “Let me go!” I was pulled up and Cody stood right in front of me.


“You should think twice before you go hitting people. But, because I like you and have already sworn to do you no harm, I’ll let it be. Most are not so lucky… I honestly didn’t suspect such force from you, anger, irrationality, maybe even a few snide comments. I must say I’m impressed. I didn’t expect this much; it is nice to know you’ve learned something through the years. Though I must say you don’t seem very experienced. We will have to work on that.” He smacked my cheek playfully and I could feel the tug on my hair dissipate.


I came to the quick realization that he must be crazy. “You have lost your mind. I don’t even know you!” I was going to turn to run when he caught my attention, “I’m a friend of your dad. I know you probably don’t remember me, but we met a few times when you where younger. He just asked me to keep an eye on you. You’re the one who attacked me.” I didn’t turn around. I didn’t know my dad well, I had a few pictures of my parents before I was born and some when I was just an infant. I didn’t remember my mom, but I had a few memories of my dad when he would visit. I hadn’t heard from him in three years.


I looked at his face closer trying to find any faint memory and found none. “I don’t believe-“ He handed me a necklace with a ring attached, my mothers wedding band. I inspected it closely. “How did you get this?”


“Your dad gave it to me to give to you.”



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

whoa so is there fantasy in this story? Im feeling this ! great read! im reading on!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
1 Review
Added on April 15, 2012
Last Updated on April 15, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing