Prologue~Page 4

Prologue~Page 4

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
"

Please critique my work :)

"

 I was completely baffled at the obvious pain she was in, in all the years I had known her, weakness was not one of her qualities. It was not until I heard that scream I felt true fear for her.


I was so deep in thought I almost didn’t hear Evylenn ask me to leave. My first response was to stay firm in my position and ignore her request until she pushed me towards the door. I stumbled, so scared to leave her side. She grasped my hand an shook her head franticly, she didn’t want me to leave, so I sat. There was no question, I would be here for her and our child.


* * *


I couldn’t let his hand go, it was almost instinct to pull him closer, it had been so long and he was finally home. Even through the pain I was undeniably joyful. And he was home just in time!


I could feel the slight pressure as he brushed my hair back kissing me gently on the lips. His lips were so soft against my chapped ones. I closed my eyes  letting my mind wonder into another dimension of thinking.


My whole body was aching, I groaned wishing the pain would stop, do anything to make it dim. It was then I new I had to get this baby outta me soon. My body couldn’t withstand so much distress, it was beginning to over ride my bodies senses.


“Here, drink this. It will help your strength, it will be over soon dear. Your ready.” I sipped the liquid slowly, it was thick and warm coating my throat as it ran down almost instantly bringing me to full focus. I could feel my body pushing without permission, she was right. I was ready.


I took a deep breath before putting all I could into the next push. I wanted to be free of this pain, I wanted my child. Elisha grimaced as I held a vice like grip to his hand. I kept pushing ignoring the burning and ripping tear of my skin, I just wanted it to be over!


It felt like hours, though I knew it was only minutes before I first heard my child’s shrill voice break the silence in the room.


A hysterical burst of laughter bubbled in me, I had done it!

My mother handed me my child. I smiled and kissed my baby’s forehead, “It’s a girl.” I looked at her astonished I had done it, I was a mother and this was my daughter. 


© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


Author's Note

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
This isn't as good as I wish it was, so any suggestions on how to fix it would be wonderful, Thank you :)

The *** means it is transferring from one point of view to another.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing