Prologue~Page 5

Prologue~Page 5

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
"

Please critique my work.

"

Elisha’s shadow was over us. “She is magnificent.” He wrapped her in a towel holding her close to his chest beaming at her. “My daughter.” I had never seen him more proud in my life and it made me happy.


“You must be exhausted. Lets get you clean so you can properly care for her. What is going to be her name?” Before I could answer Elisha spoke as if it was only him who could hold the answer. “Danica. Danica Lin Hynder.” He smiled at me, I thought of the name running it through my mind letting it wash through me. I nodded my head in approval.


“Take her to the other room while I help her. Make sure you keep her warm.”


* * *


I gently rocked Danica back to sleep as her mother slept soundly, her even breathing, soft untainted by nightmares.


It had only been a few months since I had come home and I was already considering leaving. It was hard, I had tried fooling myself into believing that everything would be okay, that my family was safe. It was the letter in the mail that had completely shattered my efforts. They knew where I was, and it wouldn’t be long before they came for me. I had fled, like a idiot I had tried to out smart them. I should not have come home, but looking down at my daughter I knew I couldn’t wait long. I didn’t want them involved in any of this. Gently laying her down in her basinet, I began fumbling through my closet for a duffle bag. I didn’t want to, I had no other choice.


When I had everything packed I sat on the floor near the bed, unable to move I cried.


It wasn’t until I woke Sharece I realized I had been making any noise. She gently wiped my tears away only making me want to cry more. “I have to leave.” My voice was hardly above a whisper, but she heard me. The frown that I had only seen on her face twice in my life was set on her exquisite lips. She rarely ever got upset, it made her even more tempting.


“Why? Why must you leave?” I wanted to tell her, to just come clean and then maybe she wouldn’t be so sad, but I couldn’t.



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Aw! So sweet! I'm really liking it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing