Chapter 1~Page 29

Chapter 1~Page 29

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

I kept my eye on him as I blow-dried my hair. He didn’t even try to hide the fact he was staring at me. “Are you okay? I think I hit you to hard.” He chuckled, “I’m fine.”


“Then stop staring at me like a middle schooler!”


“I take offense.” I oddly found myself giggling. “You’re the one being rude. Why are you still in here anyway?” He shrugged his shoulders and didn’t respond.


I washed the makeup off my face and tried to reapply it. I turned letting out a extra loud sigh, “So, where you from?”


“I live a few miles from here. You?”


 “That’s classified information. I’ve never seen you before, you just move or something?”


“Yea, my mom shipped me off to my dad’s this year. Got here last week.”


I thought of something else to say, “How old are you?” I looked at him and weighed the chances of him being older than me. “I’m eighteen. You?” I was mildly surprised. “Sixteen.” He smiled, “Nice to know.” I nodded my head and realized just how awkward this was. I was in a stranger’s bathroom with a stranger, alone. I stood for a few more minutes then headed to the door. “Um, wait. Can I ask you something?”


“You wait until I’m about to leave to say something?”


He chuckled nervously, “I know you don’t really know me… but would you like to hang out some time or something?” I looked at him ready to burst into a fit of laughter when I thought it over. He was new, I could easily beat him if he tried anything and I could even consider him cute. It wouldn’t hurt to make new friends. I was normally shy and cautious of boys, but he looked like he was beginning to sweat. And in a weird way I liked him. “Okay.” I got a piece of paper and scrawled my number on it, “I’m free Wednesday and Friday.” Speaking of my phone I dished it out of my pocket to find three missed calls. It rang again and I answered on the first ring, “Hey, what’s up?”


“Where are you?” I immediately knew something was wrong I could tell Danica had been crying.

“What happened?”


“It’s time to go, everyone else is already in the car.” I looked at the time and was shocked to realized I had been in the bathroom for a little over an hour.


“Okay, I will be there in a minute.” I hung up and gave Jacob an apologetic wave, “I have to go. I’ll see you.”


I hurried down the steps and out the door, sure enough everyone was sitting in the car. I looked at Danica’s face and nearly tripped, “What happened!” Her face was swollen and red, tears where still falling down her cheek. She didn’t say anything. The ride back to my house was silent, Danica refused to talk and we couldn’t make her, no one knew what was wrong. When we got to my house Justin left and everyone else went upstairs to change. 



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


Author's Note

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Selia's pov

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on April 15, 2012
Last Updated on April 15, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing