Prologue~Page 3

Prologue~Page 3

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
"

Please critique my work

"

I kissed her again, almost reluctant to let her go when her mother came back in the room to check on her. She was almost ready, our child would be here soon. I wanted to cry, to shout out to the world that I was going to be a father. The joy was overwhelming!


I was angry with myself for not being home when I should have. I would have to make it up to her when this was over, when she was in better health. I as well as her mother had noticed her all to hollow eyes and her shallow breathing, since the last time he had seen her, she was now just a dull shine compared. But she was still just as beautiful, she was going to be a great mother.


Evylenn gestured for me to come in the other room.


“She isn’t doing well, but the baby will be here soon.” Her eyes were sorrowful as she looked at her daughter.


“Is there anything you can do to help the pain?” For a second she looked as if she had the solution then gently set her hand on my shoulder sternly, ”Birth is what a women is designed for. She will be fine.” I had known Evylenn since I was a young child and never doubted her word. She would be okay.


Feeling more assured I went back in the room setting next to Sharece and laid my head on her shoulder. Her hand found mine, it was so small in my palm, fragile. But Sharece wasn’t a fragile women, no, she could handle this just as many other women before her had.


“Help me.” Her voice was so low my stomach churned nervously.


Carrying her over to the tub I tenderly lowered her into the soft water, watching it ripple, looking over her magnificent beauty. How did I ever get so lucky, even in her weakened state she was the loveliest women I had ever met.

The sudden grip on my hand startled me, her grip could have broken my fingers. The loud screech that came from her mouth was ear piercing and incredulously frightening. Evylenn came running in the room, placing a washcloth between Sharece’s mouth. She bit down on it with so much force her jaw was pulsing with the effort as if the cloth could absorb all her pain. 


© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice! I like the way you now watch the situation from the man's point of view

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Very nice! One question, though, did you change the point of view?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing