Prologue~Page 9

Prologue~Page 9

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
"

Please critique my work :)

"

I could hear the soft snore of Elisha in the other room, completely engrossed with sleep along with the small wispy snores of Danica in my hands. I gently laid her in her crib carefully laying her on her side. I could smell the faint scent of smoke from the fireplace downstairs. I loved my parents house, it was huge, but not lonely, rich in flavor of all different kinds. As a kid I had found many hiding places in this house and even as an adult I still sometimes retreated to those familiar sanctuaries.


My mothers room door was still closed, I could hear her faint breathing through the door, peaceful. For the last year I wondered through the maze of rooms and hallways every night, unsure of what I was seeking for. My dad often caught me doing this when I had been little, only then I had been having nightmares. He would take me into his arms and carry my around the house, shining light on every shadow of the place. I now find it funny I had been scared of the shadows, when I knew they would not harm me. 


To many, my dad wasn’t very open in his feelings, he was a serious man and showed few emotions, but to me I could see the world in his eyes. I knew him better than anyone else, I still did.


Not much had changed between us, I was still his little girl even though he looked my age. It became harder to call him dad as I grew older, in a few years I would look older than him, as mom had done so long ago. But he had stayed with her, helped raise me. He still cared for my mom, but it had been her who had left. When I was young, I didn’t understand, cried, pouted, screamed and protested. It came clear as I grew up. My dad didn’t age like the rest of us, he was inhuman, as was I, as was my child.

Few people knew what I was, and I liked it that way not that anyone would believe anyway. I had thought about raising Danica as human, ignoring her demonic side, but as I thought it over I knew I had to raise her as she really was, teach her self-control. It didn’t upset me that she would be violent, I understood the feelings she was sure to have some day, it was of her nature to be irritable and irrational. 


© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing