Chapter 2~Page 33

Chapter 2~Page 33

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

‘He or she could be anywhere, so be alert. I want you to know every detail of every person you see, every person you walk by, every single thing anyone says. I want this kid found and I want them to be found ASAP!’


I sat in my seat and took fleeting glances at every person in the room, taking notes of what they where doing. Everyone was working except a young girl in the back, her head lay down on the desk, and I could see her assignment was already filled out. I sat in my seat and looked at the paper she had handed me, it was simple mathematical problems.


I hated assignments like this, I had been in ten different schools in the last five years trying to track down the same child. I didn’t mind the schools, I just hated being sent through the actually working processes of school, I had much more important things I could be doing then spying on people.

I quickly jotted down the answers and began observing the room again. This school was not much different then the others, only the kids where actually working. Small towns were odd in that way. The girl in the back sat back up and looked at me. I couldn’t stop staring; I had never seen eyes as strange as hers. I wondered for a moment if she could actually see me.


She smiled and gave me a polite nod.


“Miss. Hynder?” the teacher said.


“Can I use the restroom please?”


“Take the hall pass.”


I watched her get up and grab the small hall pass and head out the door. I waited a few moments before handing my assignment in and walking out the room myself.


She hadn’t gone far, I watched her as she turned the corner towards the girl’s restroom. I followed behind her, keeping my distance. She stopped halfway down the hall and turned towards me, I dodged into an empty classroom. “What do you want?” I froze for a minute about to come out of my hiding place I heard a male voice.


“How’d you know it was me?” the male said.


“It was a hunch. Now what are you following me around for? I already told you I don’t want to have anything to do with you.”


“That’s fine. You don’t have to like me. But…we do have some business we need to take care of.”

“And what might that be?”


The male hesitated, “I think I will have to catch you some other time.”


I peeked my head past the arch of the door, I couldn’t see the girl very well; the boy’s back was all I could see. She pushed him aside and started looking all over suspiciously. “Do you feel that?” He nodded his head, “Go. I will see you afterschool.”


“What is that?”


“I’ll tell you later.” He pushed her in the direction of the restroom and turned to walk away. He looked vaguely familiar.


I went back in the room, waiting for him to walk away, I didn’t want to be caught ease dropping. I didn’t go back to my class and instead went to the front office.


“Hello, may I help you?” The old women at the receptionist desk said.


“Yea, I need to look at student records.” She looked at me shocked.


“You can’t go back there, that’s not for students.”


“I touched her hand and looked into her eyes.” Her eyes got glassy and dull, “Let me see the records.”


She nodded her head and handed me a set of keys, “Thank you so much.” I plucked the keys from her hand and walked to the back. There was a small room to the left with Student Records on the door. It took a few tries, but I finally found the right key and unlocked the door, the room was full of filing cabinets. I found it unbelievable there could be so many records in a school with less then six hundred students. I started searching through them when I saw an old computer on a small desk to one corner.


A small stack of records sat to the side of it, they must have been transferring everything. I didn’t know the girls name so I looked up Mrs. Washington’s first hour class. A picture of each student popped up. I found her name and went to find her files. It wasn’t hard considering she was the very last file in the H records. I was surprised at how thick it was.


Name: Danica Lyn Hynder

DOB: May 17

Age: 15

Grade: Sophomore


I skipped past her immunizations and school schedules; the portion of the file was her criminal history. Most of which consisted of fights, a few property damages and one charge of theft, all within the last three years. I put her file back and sat down smiling. Pretty and vicious… I went back to the front and handed the lady back her keys, she didn’t even bother looking my way when I walked out.

***

 



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 22, 2012
Last Updated on April 22, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing