Prologue~Page 7

Prologue~Page 7

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
"

Please critique my work!

"

She welcomed me, vigorously pressing her lips onto mine. I would be bruised tomorrow, but it didn’t matter.


I put just as much force into it, kissing her until I couldn’t breath. “I love you.” It was a sweat sound, caressing my ears and heart. “I love you too.” It hadn’t stopped the fact I had to leave eventually, but for the moment I couldn’t force myself to let her go. She was my everything. My world.


Holding her back to my chest I brushed her hair back from her face, it had grown so long since I had last seen her. “I’m sorry, I know you love me. But I cant stand for you to be away.” I knew how she felt, everyday since I had stepped away I longed to be back in her arms like so. Love was a dubious thing. And I was totally caught in it.


I laid there holding her until Danica began crying, Sharece was up before she had even gotten a substantial sound out. So attentive to our child. It had been hard the first month. Shanece had been very weak for the first few weeks. Birth had taken quite a toll outta her, but she recovered and neither one could say it hadn’t been for a good cause. 


I felt very unfitting at first to be given such a gift, but I had gladly taken it. She couldn’t talk yet of course, but she recognized me as her father and even preferred me over her mother at times. It was then I felt smug, I did what I could to make it as easy as I could for Sharece. It wasn’t hard financially, I as well as her mother were wealthy, no, money would never be an issue. Though it was when she became frustrated I worried, it was not easy to see her struggle to understand our child’s demands.


I did my best to let her be when she refused my help ‘It’s my role as the mother. Not yours.’ But there were times when I had to intervene. I didn’t like to but I could easily read Danica’s (as well as any ones) pleas as well as I could feel my heartbeat, it had been my gift as few came across such things. I had never used it as much as I had in the last few months she was born, it was a well thing to be able to understand an infant, she would never know and there was merely nothing much to look at. She was yet to come into herself fully, but I was sure she would be special, fierce, strong, unjustifiable. It was already apart of her demeanor at only 4 months old. I was proud.



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Wow! You expressed the emotions of a mother and a father so well:) I'm loving it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing