Chapter 1~Page 12

Chapter 1~Page 12

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

“Grandma! Hurry up, imma be late if you don’t hurry up.” I was running down the stairs skipping every third step to get to the door. Grandma was still at the top of the steps by the time I had reached the front door. “Girl slow down, you got to remember I aint as young as I use to be.” I paused at the door to give her enough time to reach the door. I had already started the car and opened her door before she had even reached the bottom steps. “Hurry, up grandma. I don’t want to be late my first day.”


“Wait till you’re my age, then you’ll understand, you youth just have to much energy sometimes.” Grandma gave me a big smile, settling comfortably into her seat. I giggled,” I will still be young at your age.” Grandma gave me a skeptical look and shrugged her shoulders putting the car in reverse and backed out the driveway. “Are you exited to be going back?” 


I shrugged my shoulders indifferently, “Kinda, gives me something to do during the day and I can start seeing my friends more often. Jessy got her drivers permit this summer, so she said she would take me home after school, oh, and we were wondering if I could go over Selia’s house after school?” I didn’t have to look at grandma to know she was really thinking it through,” Jessy huh? You mean that girl you got in a fight with last year?” I shook my head,” That was her sister, me an her are still cool. And anyway, that was a year ago, and she wouldn’t dare touch me.” Grandma grunted, “You really should learn how to control your anger Danica, its not healthy to let rage get the best of you.”


“She shouldn’t have called me a s**t either. She don’t even know me!”


“It is unwise to not think before you act. You are right, she shouldn’t have called you names, but you still should be adult enough to walk away from ignorant people like that.” I rolled my eyes and looked out the window at all the trees passing by, I knew she was right, though I would never admit it. She knew I knew and let the subject end.

I could see the roof of my school appear in the distance and let out a long breath I hadn’t really noticed I had been holding. I was going into my sophomore year of high school and couldn’t be happier, in two years I would graduate and go off to college. 


© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


Author's Note

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
This is from Danica's point of view by the way.

And also 15 years later from the Prologue setting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

really good!! I didnt start from page one 1 so im not quite sure what the story is about but I love the way you made the characters so real..expecially the grandma lol. and great use of details!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Very nice! It might be helpful if you mention the point of view you are writing from, I was quite confused in the beginning lol. And please check your spellings in this chapter, hun, lots of typos. Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 5, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing