Prologue~Page 10

Prologue~Page 10

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
"

Critique my work please!!

"

What upset me was I didn’t know how much strength or power she would have. I had been around powerful people and never before had I felt such a force, not only physically but mentally to.


I was distracted from my thoughts when a loud thud caught my attention and Danica’s shrilly cry came flooding through the whole house. I ran back to the room as fast as I could almost slipping on the carpet as I came bombarding into the room, completely shocked to find a knife pressed to my throat. The sharp metal was cold against my skin. I couldn’t see who was holding it. I stiffened, unable to react, Danica was still crying laying on the floor kicking her small arms and legs, defenseless. My whole being was screaming to go to her, to ease her pain. I began to cry.


“Let her go! She isn’t part of this, please!” Elisha’s voice broke through the fear that was paralyzing me.


“Please, I will do what ever you want just let them go.” It took only a second for me to register what he had said, “What?” The man standing next to him sneered at me, “Well, well, well. She doesn’t know? Isn’t that lovely.” He looked at Elisha, “You didn’t tell her where you were all those months? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a shame she must find out this way. Well, dearie he has been working for us. And it is time he get back to work, so I would advise you take your child and we shall take what we came for and you can go on with your day.”


Rage seared through my veins, it was a cold rage, uncontrollable. I turned and punched the guy behind me knocking him to the wall, blood began flowing down his face. I didn’t have much time to really look at it before another man tried to grab me. He took the knife from its holster and aimed at my chest, it was only an inch from my chest when I grabbed it and twisted it out of his hand sending it through his own throat. I only took a moments pause before picking Danica up in my arms, cradling her to my chest. Elisha was looking at me completely bewildered staring at the men laying on the ground behind me, defeated. Non of which mattered to me, I was just happy my baby was safe in my arms.

“Well, she is quite the fighter…” The mans smile was unpleasant sending waves of unease throughout my body. 


© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it a lot!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Oh no! No don't, please! Ok, no story is good without difficulties. Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing