'JN': Number One

'JN': Number One

A Chapter by Kyari Hasutto

You found out I was in Knowledge Bowl, and you began quizzing me. At first it was rather random questions, but as the summer has gone on, it's centered more on the books we've read. You became one of an elite group of people I love working with.
Last night was probably one of my favorites. You and I were on drive-thru and desserts together. Our conversations turned to what we were writing. In the middle of all this, the weirdest exchange took place with a customer:

Customer: "What happened to your arm?"

Me: "Oh, I just broke my wrist falling off our deck."

You: "Yeah, I pushed her off."

Me: "You weren't even around at the time!"

Customer: (to me--as you were working on something else) Is he your husband?

Me: ...No.

After the customer had left, and I had told you, you said "I thought he asked if I was your brother, or boyfriend maybe. But husband?"

Honestly, what kind of person makes that jump in logic? From coworker to husband? Really? I don't even have a ring on my left hand...

Regardless, as the night went on, I learned you had no idea how to close desserts. I don't quite know how to explain the enjoyable time that I had talking to you. We both decided on reading similar books so we have something to talk about.

So I have to thank you for making my first day back worthwhile. Had it been anyone else besides JM or Tal, it would've been a lot worse. I would've been more concerned about the pain my back and wrist was in. But you made it worth it.


© 2011 Kyari Hasutto


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
Added on September 16, 2011
Last Updated on September 17, 2011

Notes to My Friends


Author

Kyari Hasutto
Kyari Hasutto

About
The most significant thing about me if that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also called Mormons). If you have a problem with that...well, you shouldn't. But it is a b.. more..

Writing