The Waiting Martyr

The Waiting Martyr

A Chapter by Emunah June.

The sun beat down my small town of Resembool. Nothing else was ringing louder in my ears that the oohs and ahhs of the people around me. I felt the adrenaline surge through my blood as I moved my wrench faster and faster around the metal. "Ooh! Mommy look!" I heard a little girl say to her mother. I couldn't stop the smile invade my face as I finished my creation. Everyone around me cheered as I held up my creation in the sun. "Ooh! It's so pretty!" the little girl said. In the sun lay a hand crafted pocketwatch I had made in front of everyone. Clapping ensued shortly. I smiled. "Thank you! Thank you very much!" I said humbly as I brought the pocketwatch back to my chest. I bowed to show respect. Everyone clapped harder. Then, I smiled as I handed the pocketwatch to the little girl. "You can have it," I said, bending down to her eye level. She grinned. "Thank you!!" she said as she showed off the watch to her mother.

 

My name is Koda. I'm 18 years old. I'm a mechanic in the small town of Resembool. But I'm not alone. I live with Pinako (I call her Grandma) and Winry Rockbell. We're all mechanics, but Winry and I are well known all around Resembool. I have brown hair, blue eyes, and thin stringy body. My life is pretty cool. Except for a few things:

One: I have a rare disease called Tailor's Child. What that does is if I get too excited, stressed, scared, happy, or the like, I throw up. So, as you can see, it stresses me out sometimes. It doesn't help that I work for the military! But I work for the military to get stronger and maybe even make my Tailor's Child not as bad.

 

Two: My childhood friends, who of which are brothers, left a large impact on my life, and they're both gone. One of them, Edward Elric, I have no idea what happened to, and the other, Alphonse Elric, left Resembool two years ago to study the art of alchemy.

 

What is alchemy? I'm not even sure, but I'll put it into terms Ed said once:

 

Taking one thing and creating something of equal value out of it.

 

Here is the jist of things: I'm an 18 year old mechanic that has a rocky past and is waiting for two of her friends to return home.



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing