Demented Operations

Demented Operations

A Chapter by Emunah June.

I hopped into a car with Hughes and we drove down far from the town.

 

In fact, too far from the town.

 

"Um..Hughes? Isn't this a town project?" I asked, looking out the window and watching the hill scenery whizz by. Hughes remained silent for a while before speaking. "Nope. This is a project for the better of my group," he said. Suddenly, his voice no longer seemed kind. He sounded decieving. He sounded like he was going to do something to me that I wasn't going to like. My nerves on edge, I tried to calm down. "Hughes? If you don't mind...what kind of project is this?" I asked. Just as I finished asking this question, the car pulled over in front of a large castle. It was tall and imposing. Hughes opened my door and I stepped out, and the mere sight of looking up to the top of the castle made me dizzy. "This project is a transportation project. All we needed was somebody from the other side," was his response. Before I could react, he pressed a gun to the back of my head. "No turning back now. Keep moving forward and do as I say," he commanded. "How did you...?" I asked in a shaky voice, lifting my hands in the air. "I can tell. Your accent is nothing from this world. Plus, Ed keeps talking about how his brother was in a different world. He can't give us anything, he's lived in Germany too long. But you...you've only been here a day. Now do as I say and move. Get inside," he demanded, his voice rising. I walked forward, my legs becoming soft from under me.

 

What's going on? What's happening to me? This isn't good.

 

Quietly and at a quick pace, I walked into the castle.

I wished immedietly I would have gotten shot.

Inside was dark and musty, and a large cult-like sign was on a flag. It looked like something you'd see in a war documentary, and in the center of the room was a large metal contraption and a table. I could see, even in the shadows, that there were two people at the table.

"Amelia...I have the link in hand," Hughes said behind me.

One of the figures stood up, and began to speak. "Job well done Hughes. Adolf and I were just dicussing what to do once we reach Shamballa. What perfect timing. Now this little girl can tell us everything we need to know about Shamballa," the voice (whom I assumed was Amelia) said. The figure emerged from the shadows, and what I saw was a woman. This woman had flippy brown hair, but her eyes had a cold demeaner and she looked ready to take on anyone. Her skin was tan, and she was wearing a white and gold outfit with black boots. "Drop the gun Hughes. I have everything under control here," Amelia said, flipping hair out her eyes. I winced as she drew closer to me, and I felt the knot in my stomach tighten. "Y-You should know, I have a health disorder," I said in a squeaky voice. "Really now? Don't care. Let's get to work," she said as she grabbed my hand and pulled my down the hall. I turned to face Hughes, who was looking at the man at the table.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Shamballa.

 

Suddenly, the world seemed to be speaking to me.

 

Rush. Hurry. Hurry, rush! Shamballa!

 

"I'm going to help you get to...Shamballa?" I asked Amelia, who hadn't looked at me once. She grabbed my wrist tighter, and I wanted to yelp. "Of course you will. That's why we've brought you here. You're from the other side. You're from Shamballa. Don't play idiot," she said in a cold tone.

 

I'm not from Shamballa! Shamballa is the place I have to be!! Sigh...the things I'll get myself into for love...

 

"Ma'am...may I call you Amelia? I--"

"Call me Ma'am, or I'll jerk your wrist off."

"Ma'am, ma'am...right...I'm not from Shamballa. I'm from Resembool."

"Never heard of such a place. Don't play idiot." She pulled my wrist hard, and I felt my shoulder pop.

"Okay! I'll tell you everything I know, but please, don't....don't kill me!" I begged.

"Darn straight you'll tell me everything you know. You're going to take me to Shamballa or else."

 

"Ma'am, ask anyone about it. Heh, ask Edward! I'm from Resembool! Shamballa is the place I need to be!"

Amelia pulled me harder, and I felt like if she did it one more time, my arm would be dislocated. So I stayed silent as she pulled me into a large circular room. Inside this room was nothing, except for a piece of chalk on the floor. "Look above," Amelia said, and I did as I was told.



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing