Mixed Ideas

Mixed Ideas

A Chapter by Emunah June.

"Kooooooooooddddaaaaa!!" was the first thing I heard the second my eyes cracked open. An overeager Al stood in my doorway. "Let's go! Wake up! We have to get going!" he said stubbornly, tugging at the sides of his coat. "Allright. Just let me get dressed and we'll go," I said as I sat up. Al nodded, then stood there staring hard. "Um, Al? I don't know if you enjoy that sort of thing, but I have to get dressed," I said as I stood up. Al blushed. "I--I'm sorry! I'll wait for you over here!" he shouted as he ran to the living room. As I shut my door, I sighed. Al was sure hyper this morning!

 

As soon as I was in uniform, I walked to the living room. "Allright Al, we just have to wait for Havoc to show up," I said as I sat down at the table. Grandma was cooking breakfast in the kitchen. The smell of maple syrup and rice was heavy, and Al fell into his seat angrily. "But what if someone borrows the book on Nii-San? We could lose a lead! And anyways, we have to begin my training, and we can't do that until I visit the military!" he pleaded edgily. I smiled. "Relax, Havoc should be here in the afternoon. No one would want to read the book on Ed anyways, if there is one. Remember, I just guessed. There may not be a Fullmetal Biography in the library," I stated as Winry came out of her room yawning. "Morning Grandma. Morning Koda. Morning Al," she said sleepily as she floated to the empty seat at the table. Grandma stepped out of the kitchen in her yellow apron with a whisk in her hand. "Morning Winry. Could you go and wake Kirrah? So lazy..." she asked. Winry yawned as she stretched out her arms. "Why do I have to do it? Make Koda do it," she complained as she fell onto the table. Grandma whacked the back of Winry's head. "Do what Grandma says! Go wake our guest!" she hollered, and Winry stood up. "Yes Ma'am! I'm on my way!" she stated obidiently as she ran down the hall. Al laughed. "Wow, I didn't know you could be so...out there Aunt Pinako. That's cool!" he said.

 

Grandma smiled, then returned to the kitchen. I looked over and saw that Ed's pocketwatch was in Al's hands. I felt my muscles tense up as I gathered up my courage to ask my question. "Hey Al, um, did you dream about Ed again last night?" I asked, clentching my fists on my lap. Al nodded solemnly. "Yeah, and in this dream, we found out that I was going to be in a carnival showing off a new rocket to everybody. Ed was happy for me, but he seemed sad. I was gonna ask him why, but I coughed up blood, and that's when I knew I was gonna wake up," Al said, placing the watch into his pocket. I sighed. "Maybe these dreams are telling you where he is," I suggested, hoping to perk Al up a little. Al rested his head on the table. "If they are, they are very confusing."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After breakfast, Al and I sat on the lawn waiting for Havoc to get here. "He's gonna be happy to see you, Al," I said as I hugged my knees. Al stretched his legs and yawned.

 

"Who? This Havoc guy? But I've never met him before," he stated. I sighed. "Oh, right. My memories. Well, were me and the Havoc guy...friends?" Al asked before he yawned. "Friends? Hmmm, I wouldn't call you that. I'd say you were more of....aquaintences. You weren't really buddy-buddy, but you guys did help each other out from time to time," I answered. Al lowered his head. "Oh."

 

Finally, the familiar sight of Havoc's car drove up in front of the house. As I had expected, his main focus on Al. "Hey, hey. Who's your new friend?' he asked as he stepped out of the car. I laughed. "This is Alphonse Elric," I said proudly. "Woah! Alphonse? As in much taller Edward, Alphonse? Wow he's not in his armor anymore! Hey buddy!" Havoc said as he pat the back of Al's shoulder. Trying to be polite, Al smiled. "Hello sir. Nice to see you," he said. Havoc smiled. "So where's the other one? Where's Fullmetal?" he asked, scanning the yard. "Ed's still M.I.A, so that's a problem," I answered quickly. Havoc fished out a cigarette from his pocket. "I see. Well, good to see you, Alphonse. Is he riding with us Koda?" Havoc asked. I nodded. "If that's okay. It's just for today," I answered, blushing a bit.



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing