Writhing Snake

Writhing Snake

A Chapter by Emunah June.

I could spot Envy high up, but I knew my bullets wouldn't reach him from where we were. "Envy's up there! Ed, what do we do?" I asked over the screams and explosions. "I don't know. Hey, have you seen Al? I can't find him any--"

 

"NIIIII-SAAAN!!"

 

"--where. Nevermind."

 

Al was running towards us. "Nii-San, alchemy! It works here! We can give this fight everything we've got!" he exclaimed. Ed grinned, and with that threw off his coat. "Great. I've been dying to play all day," he said. "If we can get into the sky, we can get to Envy. Al, you got any suggestions?" I asked, but Al shook his head. "We're at a loss, then," I said, hopelessly.

 

"Not if you've got me on your side."

 

That voice! Nay...could it be..?

 

Sure enough, Colonel Mustang was behind us, posing cooly with his hands in his pockets. "Nice to see you again, Fullmetal. Great bringing your troubles home with you," he mocked. Ed sighed. "Sarcastic remarks already? Nice patch by the way, although it should have covered your mouth too," Ed said, poking fun and giving a loud sigh. "Sorry sir, forgive him," Al said shyly, excusing his brother's behavior. Colonel Mustang looked up at fire-breathing Envy, who was setting a building on fire. "Need a lift, eh? There's an air balloon at Central. I can light if for you," he said, pursing his fingers. I nodded, then reloaded my gun. "Let's do this."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

All four of us ran back to Central, Al tripping over his own feet at some points. Once we got there, there were bags of corn and cotten acting as barriers. All the soldiers, from Lieutenant Havoc to brand new-Colonel Hawkeye, were present. Behind them was a deflated air balloon, ready to be lit and taken off. "Only three can fit, so I need to stay behind," Mustang (hee hee, I guess I can call him Roy now!) said, gently lifting the balloon and snapping into it. The birth of a small flame was born, and the balloon began to rise. "Jump in the basket...now!" Roy called, and Al and Ed jumped in. I wanted too as well, but I felt too reluctant. "Koda! C'mon!" Al hollered, snapping me out oy trance. With a little help from both of them, I was lifted into the basket and up we began to fly. I gripped my gun tight as the balloon began to gain altitude. I closed my eyes (I found out on this day that I had a fear of heights).

 

"Envy!"

 

I opened my eyes to see Ed screaming over the side of the basket. I looked ahead, and sure enough, Envy was sitting pretty in the air.

 

We meet again, Edward. Great to see I can fight you before you die.

 

"I'm older now Envy, but it seems you haven't grown one bit," Ed said in fighting talk-type of tone. I knew that things were getting heated pretty fast.

 

Oh, I've grown, Edward. And I've had revenge already. But what's wrong with taking the life of another Elric?

 

Ed clentched his AutoMail fist. "This is between you and me. Leave the other two out of it," he said, pointing to Al and I. I gulped.

 

I'll do whatever I please, starting with shooting down your balloon! And if that doesn't kill you, I will!

 

Envy's dragon muzzle opened wide in what appeared to be a yawn, but then the air around us twisted and crackled, and soon enough there was a ball of flame appearing into his mouth. "Nii-San!" Al choked out. Ed smiled. "Alright! Here I go!" he said, grabbing the side of the basket and jumping out.



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
OMG ED'S DONNA COMMITE SUICIDE!!!! DX -Screeeeaaaaaaam-

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on September 25, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing