Open Scars

Open Scars

A Chapter by Emunah June.

"Good morning Miss Koda," General Havoc said the second I sat in the front of the car. "Hey Havoc. Good to see you this morning," I said, trying to look happy.

 

Jean Havoc was the man that picked me up and brought me to Central everyday. He's been doing so for about 2 years now. So because we see each other every day, we've become good friends.

 

"So, what's new with you?" Havoc asked as he drove the car down the road. "Oh, just thinking about some people and dealing with a tragedy," I said cheerfully. Havoc passed me a weird look as we stopped in the road to let padestrians go by. "Just dealing with a tragedy? Tell me what tragedy you're talking about," he said before he turned to the road again. "Oh....well....Izumi, Al's teacher, died a few days ago. I went over to go pay condolences," I said sadly. Havoc sighed. "I'm sorry to hear that," he said. I looked out the window and watched the world whizz by me. "So I guess this isn't the best time to tell you the big news," Havoc said shortly as the car picked up speed. I looked back at him. "What? What big news?" I asked, curious. Havoc sighed as he stopped the car to light a cigarette. "The Colonel is resigning. Riza's gonna take his place," he said a minute later. I swallowed hard. "W-What?! Colonel Mustang is resigning?! Why?" I exclaimed. "He claims he doesn't want to use alchemy anymore."

 

"The Colonel uses alchemy? I've never seen him use it before."

"Really? And you've been the military how long?"

"Um...3 years."

"I'm surprised. Where you in the military for Fullmetal's test?"

 

I remained silent. "No I wasn't," I choked out as I looked back out the window.

 

I didn't tell you? Ed was a state alchemist in the military and he went under the alias "Fullmetal Alchemist" because of his metal arm and leg (called AutoMail).

 

"It was the funniest test I had ever seen!" Havoc went on, ignoring the fact I was missing Ed. "Mustang was toying with the poor kid. Throwing fire his way so quickly, Ed didn't even have time to run around. In a desperate attempt to not get burned, Ed ran into the crowds and crawled under everybody. The reason Mustang caught him was that he called Ed 'short' and Ed freaked. Not only did he almost burn Ed to a crisp, but he burned a couple of the other officers. Of course, Ed made a comback and was able to corner Mustang into submission," he said as we arrived at Central. "That's good," I said quietly. Havoc went around the other side of the car and opened my door. "Thank you," I said as I stepped out. "Someone must have taped it, I'll try and find it for you," he said. I smiled. "Thanks! I'd sure....love to see that..." I said happily at first, then solemnly. "You still miss Ed don't you?" he asked as we walked to the front of Central. I nodded. Havoc sighed as he opened the door for me. "You know Ed. He's probably fine," Havoc assured me. I smiled.

 

"You're right. Anyways, I'll make sure that I pay the Colonel a visit today."



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
NOTE TO READERS: I really tried hard to convey Koda's inner thoughts and feelings towards Ed here in this chapter. She wants to believe he's dead, but there's that one piece of her that wants to believe he's alive. This conflict is tearing her apart inside, and I really wanted to show that. Did I do a good job? Don't lie!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing