Returnable Memories

Returnable Memories

A Chapter by Emunah June.

The rest of the day was uneventful, but Mustang's words still buzzed around in my head as I grabbed Scheizca's present (a book....how Scheizca like) and waited for Scheizca. When she came, I smiled. She still was mousy looking with large glasses and brown hair up in pigtails. "Hey there Koda! Like the book I gave you?" she asked as she threw on her jacket. "Oh, I haven't read it yet. But it looks good," I said. Scheizca smiled. "Allright. Well, let's get in the car and go home. You can read it on the way there."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The ride home I did just that. I read her book the entire way, and I found myself mesmorized. It told the story of a shy princess who loved a prince but was too shy to tell him. One day, the princess decided to do something really weird to get noticed by the prince. I was just about to figure out her plan when it hit me.

 

"Um, Scheizca, out of the stories you could have given me, why this one?" I asked snobbishly (the snob part was by accident). "Oh....I have my reasons," she said playfully. I slit my eyes. "You've been listening to Winry haven't you? Her and her crazy stories about me and Ed?" I asked. Scheizca gulped, her face red as we got to my house. "You caught me," she said as I stepped out the car. "Don't listen to Winry! Ed and I are just friends...." I said as she shut the door, waved, and sped away. When Schiezca was gone, I mumbled:

 

"....and that's all we're ever going to be."

 

I slowly walked back to the house. How long had Ed been gone? 2 years. 2 years he'd been gone. I sighed as I walked in the door.

 

The lights were out?

 

"Um...Grandma? Winry? Hello?" I called throughout the house. Silence was my reply. I flicked on the lights, and looked around. On the table was a note. I picked it up and began to read.

 

To Koda,

Winry and I went to pick up Alphonse at the train station. Get your things ready, teacher, because here comes your student. There's some meat in the fridge, so would you mind beginning that pot roast I talked about a couple days back? Thanks, you're the best.

With Love,

Grandma

 

"What?! Al is coming here?? Now??" I said outloud as I slammed the note on the table.

 

I am SOOOO not ready! What do I do? Um...begin the pot roast! Yeah, just focus on the food. Focus.On.The.Food.

 

In my daze, I walked over to the fridge and pulled out a slab of meat, like Grandma instructed. Right as I set in on the counter, the sound of the door opening made me jump.

 

"Pinako? Hello?"

 

THAT wasn't Grandma! I looked over the counter to see a girl about my age looking scared and lost. "Grandma isn't in. Just me," I called. The girl looked over at me, and her face lit up with joy. "Oh! Just the person I wanted to see!" she squealed as she ran over and hugged me. Face red, I pushed her off. "Hey hey now! Mind telling me who you are?" I asked. Her face was one of shock, then she sunk into happiness again. "You wouldn't remember would you? It's me, Kirrah!" she said, and I felt my face light up too.

 

Kirrah was my best friend in my old town before I moved to Resembool. The last time I had seen her, I was 6.

 

"Koda! What a weird looking outfit!" Kirrah commented eyeing my uniform. I smiled. "Oh? That must mean I have alot of catching up to do."



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
First I steal from Skillet, now from Romi. X3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing