"Friends Again"

"Friends Again"

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Lunch was good, but we didn't really speak much while we were at the restaurant. We only spoke when Alfons brought something up on the walk home. "Aww man, my feet are killing me. Too bad I don't have a CAR to drive. We'd be home already," he said, casting a look over his shoulder at Ed. Ed blushed. "I said I was sorry, what more do you want?" Ed asked, irritated. I looked over at Alfons. "What happened?" I asked. Alfons snickered. "Well, Edward here was driving my car when he was telling me this story. I said something to him, and then genius here turned around and let go of the wheel. The car was history after that, and now I have to pay a fortune to get it fixed," Alfons said, ruffling his hair. "It was an accident and I'm already paying half!" Ed protested so loud that a woman over on the other side of the street looked over. "Ed! Keep your voice down!" Al warned, but Ed simply sighed in reply. I smiled. "Well Ed, I'll keep that in mind next time I need someone to drive me home," I said heartily, placing my arm on his shoulder. "Very funny," he said in a low voice, and then the 4 of us laughed. I was smiling extra hard, remembering a time just like this when we were kids.

 

 

"I swear I didn't do it on purpose!" Ed had stammered. Ed was 7, and so was I. I had just discovered that Ed had broken my favourite doll. "Kimari...you broke Kimari..." I said in disbelief as I picked up my doll's severed head. "I was just looking at it! Really! I didn't mean to..." he said, watching to see if my reaction would change. Tears came to my eyes and I watched them fall onto Kimari's once beautiful head. It was now covered in dirt (we were outside). "Why were you even touching her?!" I screamed, standing up and holding Kimari's head in front of his face. Ed was getting defensive. "It's not like I did it on purpose! I wouldn't just go and break your dumb doll!" he shouted.

 

"Dumb doll?! You know what's dumb? You!" I said, throwing Kimari onto the ground. With that, I ran away, crying. That same day, at dinner time, there was a knock on my door. "I got it Mom!" I called, my little feet tottering to the door. When I opened it, Ed was standing there, guilt all over his face. "Koda? Are you still mad at me?" he asked in a soft voice. A picture of Kimari flashed into my head. "Yes! You broke Kimari and then called her dumb! She was my favourite doll ever!" I said. Just as I thought he was about to leave, he pulled something out from behind his back. "Here. I fixed it for you," he said, and in his hands was Kimari, brand new and clean as a whistle. I took it from his hands. "Oh Ed..." I said under my breath. Then I noticed two things he had done to Kimari:

 

1) There was a new ribbon in her hair and

2) There was a note attacted to her neck.

 

"Hmm? What's this?" I asked, curious. I opened the note and read what it said inside. Written very sloppily were two words:

 

Forgive Me

 

"Forgive....me? Is that what it says?" I asked (still learning to read). Ed nodded, and all I could do was smile. "Oh Ed, of course I forgive you! You made my doll all better and then apologized! How could I stay mad after that?" I said, smiling. Then, I got brave and gave him a hug. He didn't hug me back, but he didn't push me away either. I did notice, however, that his face was red as soon as I let go. "Oh...and....forgive me too. You're not dumb. I was dumb by saying that," I said. Ed smiled. "Hee, okay! So we're friends again?" he asked, extending his hand. I smiled, and held onto his hand, and we shook.

 

"Friends again."



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing